We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Availability of diet drinks at La Blanche

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
89 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Availability of diet drinks at La Blanche

Hi. My husband, daughter and I are all going to La Blanche on 8th October. My daughter is type 1 diabetic so I was wondering if anyone knew of the availability of diet drinks at the hotel please?? She is an adult so will be able to have the odd beer/wine etc, but obviously not a good idea to have too many and not a good idea for any of us to be downing alcohol in -what I hope will be - the HOT sunshine (",)

Thanks for your help.... would also love to hear anything else you think would be helpful for a great stay.

nottingham
Level Contributor
148 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Availability of diet drinks at La Blanche

They do diet coke but I think that's it as that's what I had in August. They also have other juices ( orange,apple, lemon, cherry) these taste more or less watered down depending on where you get them from. There are plenty of fridges all over to grt cold bottles of water from too. Enjoy x

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
709 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Availability of diet drinks at La Blanche

Was there a couple of years ago and as far as I can remember it was just diet coke and water. Angie

Sheffield
Destination Expert
for Ovacik, Hisaronu
Level Contributor
2,293 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Availability of diet drinks at La Blanche

I think its really difficult to get diet drinks in Turkey, I have seen Cola, Sprite & Lipmans Tea, but not much more if any.

I am diabetic, & get really fed up of just drinking either Coke or Water, but when I stayed in La Blanche, I used to get the Fruit Juice in a glass & top it up with water. I enjoyed that.

So this might be some thing your daughter could try.

Cheers

nottingham
Level Contributor
148 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Availability of diet drinks at La Blanche

My daughter is only 2 do we are obv aware of the sugar contents so we used to ask for half and half juice and water and worked well too

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,753 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Availability of diet drinks at La Blanche

Do br careful with the fruit juice as a lot of it has sugar in, cherry for example. Ask for 100% juice to be sure, I think it will be mainly orange and apple.

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
89 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Availability of diet drinks at La Blanche

Thank you for all your replies and ideas. My daughter gets fed up with always having water or diet cola too lullabelle - even in this country is it difficult to get other diet drinks if you go to a pub or restaurant. Thought about taking Sodastream concentrate with us to water down. We used to use it years ago when we went on holiday and bought fizzy water to mix it with. Won't let it spoil the holiday anyway :-) Going to be 'interesting' anyway as it will be her first holiday abroad using an insulin pump (only had it for a month) so a learning curve for us all!!!

Isle Of Wight
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Availability of diet drinks at La Blanche

Tesco do double strength juice (cordial) that you add water to in lots of flavours. It's really nice stuff,i am diabetic and drink the stuff all the time and it has'nt done me any harm or affected my blood sugars. Stick a few of them in your case to take with you, they don't weigh much. I use an insulin pen pump and they are great. Have a nice Holibob.

Edited: 6:28 pm, September 05, 2012
seaford
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Availability of diet drinks at La Blanche

Hi, my daughter is Type 1 as well. When we went in July she drank loads of the zero sugar Lemon Tea - can't seem to find it over here which is a shame!

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
89 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Availability of diet drinks at La Blanche

Oh thanks for that. Mydaughter loves iced tea but as you say here it's hard to find ready prepared. Squash etc is fine at home but she's an adult and it is so annoying to beso restricted when out.

10. Re: Availability of diet drinks at La Blanche

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 12, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Turgutreis
Recent Conversations
More Turgutreis Topics