We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family boat trip

Which Turgutreis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
nottingham
Level Contributor
147 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Family boat trip

Hi all we are heading for our first trip to turgutreis and would like to try and do a boat trip, however we have a 2.5 yr old daughter so want to make sure is suitable. The first choice one is expensive but also promises some entertainment bits for the kids, can anyone recommend this or another?..

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
138 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family boat trip

I would suggest you go on the beach near the harbour and watch the boats depart and / or return and see which ones seem the most suitable for families as opposed to the rowdier teenage element.

There are numerous options and even more so if you get the dolmus to Bodrum so you will find something to suit and it will certainly be better value than the First Choice option, which will probably be using the same boat as other operators but at a much higher commission!

surrey
Level Contributor
2,443 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family boat trip

Mands1980 I would strongly advise you to try to find out what the 'entertainment' for children is on the boat. We have never actually done the trip BUT speaking to others, there is no way I would want to take a 2 and a half year old on a long all day boat trip. It will be very HOT and therefore a very tiring day for adults, let alone little ones.

nottingham
Level Contributor
147 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family boat trip

Thanks for your message. I was thinking more of a shorter one than all day perhaps a couple hours or so, even evening would be a possibility? Is this even possible.

surrey
Level Contributor
2,443 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family boat trip

When we were in Turgutreis two years ago there were only all day trips.

This year we went to Kusadasi and enjoyed a two hour trip.

When we came back I enquired on this forum as to whether there were any shorter boat trips and, as I understand it, there are only day trips.

The only options I have ever known have been to the north or to the south- maybe montehampster can tell us more! ;o)

Edited: 1:39 pm, August 03, 2012
Leeds
Level Contributor
10 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family boat trip

You can only ask around for a private hire for few hours cost can go up 250-300gbp subject to size of the boat and how long you wish to keep and where you like to go Like Fussy 57 i would strongly advice you not to take daily trip with 2.5 year old

Hope this helps

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
138 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family boat trip

I don't recall seeing any boats in Turgetreis for hire for the shorter trips - but then I wasn't looking!

There were certainly a large number of boats offering this from the harbour at Bodrum (in front of the castle) but I've no idea of cost.

Have a look here - bodrumpeninsulatravelguide.co.uk/bodrum-boat…

This is an excellent site for info in the Bodrum area.

nottingham
Level Contributor
147 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family boat trip

Quick update ... We went with first choice in the end as got a free Turkish bath special offer. And was all inclusive too so no shock bill at the end.vtheyvr also recently started having reps on the boat , which was absolutely fantastic with us and our two year old. We sat on deck near the window and watched her cutting, sticking, painting ec with all the kids and got. Bit of respite too. She had an amazing time and loved jumping in the sea from the ladder and there was loadd of shade for her too. Don't be put off taking little ones x

surrey
Level Contributor
2,443 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family boat trip

That's fantastic Mands. Thanks ever so much for coming back and letting us all know ;o)

nottingham
Level Contributor
147 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Family boat trip

Prob wasn't as cheap as other boats but was totally worth it for having daughter entertained a bit more - it was also a full dayand the highlight of her trip the scissors and paper ha and riding a donkey on camel beach.

Loved turgutreis apart from stray dogs but management and guest relations really let our hotel down...

surrey
Level Contributor
2,443 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Family boat trip

Glad you enjoyed the boat trip and it's good to hear that it is more family orientated now. You have a very daring 2 year old jumping into the sea!!!

Going off topic now -Sorry to hear about the guest relations at hotel. Read my review on Paloma Pasha, Ozdere, Their guest relations are second to none! x

Edited: 10:18 am, September 01, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Turgutreis
More Turgutreis Topics