We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea & You, Kadikalesi - help!

seaford
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sea & You, Kadikalesi - help!

Hi, we're going here on Thursday next week, have posted a question before about the place but no replies which has worried me a bit! Has anyone stayed in these apts before, or stayed in Kadikalesi? We want a quiet, relaxing holiday but want to be able to get the Dolmus when we want - does it stop near the apartments?

Thanks!

Kadikale, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Turgutreis
Level Contributor
3,540 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea & You, Kadikalesi - help!

I havent stayed at the apts but know them well as I use the beach there. You'll certainly have a quiet holiday and the beach wont be crowded, maybe a few more people around at the weekend.

Dolmus doesn't pass close to the apts, you have to walk up to the main road, but to be honest by the time you've walked to the main road you may as well have walked in to Turgutreis, walk along the beach away from the village i.e. sea on your right until you get to the new hotel complex then cut inland along side the hotel, when you come to the cross road turn right and walk along, you'll come to a sharp right which takes you back to the seafront then just continue on - keeping the sea on your right - in to town, it will take about 20 mins, the walk to the main road for the dolmus will take about 10mins. Quick tip if you decide to do it, walk out the back of the apts over the bridge and along the lane, stay right, when you get to the place where another lane crosses your path (bridge on the right) look for a covered walk way down a slight slope, this takes you into AVTA holiday village and you can walk along the covered walkway to the main road under some shade, theres none if you stick to the road.

Sue

seaford
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea & You, Kadikalesi - help!

Hi Sue

Just got back early hours of this morning. The apartments were amazing, lovely complex. No restaurants nearby so got the dolmus every night into Turgutreis. Thank you so much for your advice on the shortcut - it made such a difference! Shaded in the evening, and lit up at night, it was great!. Can't wait to go back next year, although will probably stay in Turgurtreis itself as we loved it so much.

Kadikale, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Turgutreis
Level Contributor
3,540 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea & You, Kadikalesi - help!

There are a number of restaurants nearby in the village, instead of walking towards Turgutreis you needed to walk right along the beach, wish I'd mentioned that before ....

seaford
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea & You, Kadikalesi - help!

Thanks Sue. I think we were fooled then. Our first full night (Friday) we walked onto the beach but couldn't see anywhere to eat and we were starving. I imagined a row of restaurants on the beach! , So we ended up at the All Inclusive next door. They kindly let us eat there but told us there were no restaurants nearby unless we went into Gumusluk or Turgutreis!

Kadikale, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Turgutreis
Level Contributor
3,540 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sea & You, Kadikalesi - help!

That's appalling! Do you mean the Yelken? The big one, not the cute one set back from the beach.

For future reference (and anyone else reading this thread) If you walk on past the big AI hotel (Yelken) about 200mtrs along the beach you'll first pass Kekek beach cafe and bar, which does perfectly acceptable food - pizza, fish, etc and is a nice place to hang out for a beer. Just behind the Yelken is Pitos bar not sure if they're doing food this year tho'. On past there, along the beach, you'll come to the village where there are now several restaurants, 4 fish and one more general, also for superb home cooked traditional turkish food there's Nisan cafe, not sure how late they stay open, probably as long as there's food left, tho it's fresh cooked daily so not late :o).

https://www.facebook.com/nisancafe

You probably have to login to facebook for the full page.

In the back lanes there are also a number of restaurants and cafes, I'll try and find a few minutes and add more of them to the map thats available from the top questions box on the right of this page.

London, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sea & You, Kadikalesi - help!

The Kekek is a great little beach hang-out place, especially during the day.

7. Re: Sea & You, Kadikalesi - help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 17, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Turgutreis
Recent Conversations
More Turgutreis Topics