We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turgutreis

Which Turgutreis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stoke on Trent
Level Contributor
199 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Turgutreis

Wow!!

What a quiet forum this is!! Come on all you turgutriesians!! Spill the beans, if you're going, when~n~where,! If you've been recently, let us know your experiences. Went Olu last year, had an absolutly fabulous time, beginning to think, we should have gone back this year!! For Turgutreis, not much feed back, not much soul! Prove me wrong!!

Regards Bootybezza. x x

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,545 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turgutreis

Nah...the place is too good to let everyone in on the secret :) Fans stay shtum to keep out the riff raff LOL!

It may not have the stunning back drop of Olu Deniz but it does lay on superb sunsets.Being a real working town means it has a nice authentic Turkish feel to it which Olu,as a man made summer resort,lacks IMHO.

Travelling around the area both north and south of the town to places like Akyaka,Gümüşlük and Yalıkavak is very easy by local bus as is Bodrum and Kos Island can be reached by ferry in under an hour..Saturday market is very good and huge.Beach clean broad and sandy backed by a long wide promenade to stroll in the evenings.Refreshingly free of lager louts and gangs.Just a sweet place.

Ahhh....said too much.Shtum.

Stoke on Trent
Level Contributor
199 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turgutreis

Cheers sarikanaya!!

We loved Olu, and all that chatter on the forums that they have going.Perhaps turgutreis could adopt a same manner, to boost, income! In these day's of ausetrity!!! Surely any kind of attraction should be welcomed to boost the Tukish economy!!

Looking foaward to hearing from you sarikanaya!!

Regards Bootybezza. x (Lynn)

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,545 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turgutreis

I'm surprised Suehami hasn't woken up yet,she'll be along soon I reckon :)

newcastle
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turgutreis

Hi so true about this forum. We are a family of 4 going to the Yelken Spa 27th of July. Hoping to get some good info on this hotel soon.Went to side in Turkey last year stayed at the Otium Eco totally fab.

Stoke on Trent
Level Contributor
199 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Turgutreis

Hi odeeee.

Reading the forums for Olu Deniz, the folks really sell it well and just thought that perhaps this forum was lacking a little in that department.

Hope you have a fantastic holiday and be sure to save some sun for me!!

Regards Bootybezza. x

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
142 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Turgutreis

Am in Turgutreis at the moment and it's very quiet which suits me! The season really doesn't start for another week or two.

The sunsets are magnificent and getrting about isw really easy and cheap - 4.5 TL to Yalikavic today.

The market here on a Saturday is huge - possibly even bigger than the one in Manavgat.

Plenty of good restaurants and bars to while away the evenings (good job Chelsea don't win the Champions League every night as my liver wouldn't stand it!

Stoke on Trent
Level Contributor
199 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Turgutreis

Hi montelhampster.

Thanks for taking time out of your holiday to post on here!!

Really pleased you're having a great time, hope your weather is OK, looking on the Olu webcam this morning it was looking a bit mixed, so hope you're fairing a little better. Know what you mean, my hubby is a chelsea fan and he has'nt shut up since saturday. Will definatly be using the public transport when we get there. Enjoy the rest of your stay and dont forget to update when you get home!

Kind Regards Bootybezza. x

Fethiye, Turkey
Level Contributor
215 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Turgutreis

I don't think that you should judge the quality of a destination by the number of posts appearing on the forum.

Some reports (like Fethiye Fraser's weather updates) are informative, but there's a lot of dross and idle chatter out there.

Quality above quantity.

Scotland
Level Contributor
736 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Turgutreis

I agree bootybezza, the forum is much quieter than some, and just like you, I get somewhat frustrated at the lack of enthusiastic banter as to where we are going to spend our hard earned holidays to than, let's say, "more touristy areas", but is that a good sign or a bad sign, there is the question?

For years have done all the Costas, Balearics, Canaries etc, and although had great times, and forum a plenty, but felt something was missing.

Two years ago, we decided to try "Turkey", but a quieter area of it, away from the usual, (and to be honest, it proved better value for money, and indeed still does), so we went to Fethiye first (Oh yes, I'm well versed on Fethiye Fraser, who does a fantastic job by the way!), and the forum was "reasonably" attributed to, and had a fantastic holiday. Second was to Goynuk, which hardly appears on any world map, and forum practically non existent, but still had a fantastic holiday.So we felt this time,Turgutreis was maybe somewhere (on a different coastline for a change) that would perhaps be an interesting compromise!

Not much feedback, perhaps, but "soul" I'm sure it has far more of, because the less touristy, the more real the people are, and the "real" Turkish people are second to none in my book so far.

Maybe it's up to us to go there, and take the party to them, you never know!

Less than 4 weeks now for us, and can't wait, so truly hope you enjoy too!

Regards

Arthur

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,705 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Turgutreis

Having spent many holidays in Hisaronu and Oludeniz I agree that Turgutreis is different from these "purpose made" resorts, it is primarily a working town which I like. Kas and Datca are similar and they are two of our favourite destinations, we enjoy wandering around the local shops and cafes which you can't do in Oludeniz, all the shops and restaurants are for tourists. You can't even find a glass of cay!

The Fethiye forums do have a lot of chat and people asking the same questions "which restaurants?" "is it suitable for families?""what currency?""boat trips" instead of reading through all the posts or using the search facilities to glean information, sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees. The Turgutreis forum is more practical.

The natural setting of Turgutries is totally different but you can't beat that fabulous sunset and views of the islands. I like the breeze that keeps it from being stifling and the fact that I can walk back from Gumusluk on the lanes and then cool my feet along the water's edge on the lovely sandy beach from Kadikale back to our hotel and hardly see a soul. We have taken to exploring further afield by dolmus rather than by foot as there are not as many hikes as in the Fethiye area, there's more agricultural land instead of pine forests and mountains. There is a greater mix of international tourists too and you could always take a day trip over to meet the Greeks!

It is just different, but that doesn't make it less enjoyable, go and have a great time.

Get answers to your questions about Turgutreis
More Turgutreis Topics