We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which part of south west turkey

Which Turgutreis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
which part of south west turkey

Have been to Oul Deniz, icemelar, turunc, and Kalkan also the Bozburum penninsula excuse spelling, I have loved every single place, so for those who have been to these wonderful places how does Bodrum/ Gumbet compare. Cant stand Marmaris so if it is as load and brash as this wont do for me, also Antalia area, just so I can think of diffrent places flight days and airports etc. Dont want too touristy, dont want a concrete jungle, any idea from those who love Turkey as much as I do welcome and thanks.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: which part of south west turkey

Hi,

From what you have said, Gumbet is definitely not for you. Its a purpose built tourist resort, and there is very little Turkish character about the whole place.

Just over the bay however, is Bitez. This is a completely different world - lovely long bay with shallow clean water, beachside restaurants, and hotels and apartments set in lovely gardens.

Its only a short dolmus ride away from Bodrum too, which is a cosmopolitan Turkish town, with a castle, marina, and bazaar area near the harbour. Bodrum at night gets very very busy in July/August - as many Turkish tourists go there. Also tourists from around the world.

Hope this helps,

Elaine

Halifax Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which part of south west turkey

Thanks for that, that sounds to be the type of Turkey we want. Do you fly to Bodrum, for that resort.

Ballymoney, United...
Level Contributor
861 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which part of south west turkey

Yep Bodrum airport for bitez.

Another resort you may like is Turgetreis. It was the first resort I ever visited and I loved it. Beautiful beach although out of town theres often just steps down into the sea from bathing platforms.A square where the restuarants are, enough day trips to keep you busy and the biggest market along the pennisula every saturday. And the sunsets are just to die for.

Also just a dolmus away from Bodrum and Gumbet so you can investigate

UK
Level Contributor
187 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: which part of south west turkey

I would recommend you take a look at the bodrum peninsula also, places like Yalikavak, Gumusluk and Gundogan are all beautful places,and personally I find Bodrum a lovely place too very cosmopolitan. Gumbet is good for youngsters in season plenty of life there and some great restaurants too.

Have a wonderful time where ever you choose.

Tina

5. Re: which part of south west turkey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:12 am, October 15, 2014
England
Level Contributor
137 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which part of south west turkey

I would thoroughly recommend Cavus Bay (also called Adrasan)This little resort is very much off the beaten track...literally as there is a hairy decent from the main road down the mountains to get to it. Hotel owners will pick you up from the airport in Antalya - often free of charge too!

I love the place. The place is quiet, friendly, and beautiful. Accommodation is extremely reasonable and of a good standard. Eating at the many little family restaurants is a real joy - especially for a vegetarian like me! The scenery is stunning, from the bay, to the mountain to the river running into the sea. Being in the sea is like swimming in an aquarium. You can sit on the beach, or on a typical Turkish bed in a little river with fish and ducks below, and kingfishers above, while the owner brings chilled beers! Bliss.

If you like natural beauty, friendly people and a holiday doing precious little, then this is your own little bit of paradise!

A web search will find information about this place. Although I love travelling all around the world, I always try and spend a few weeks each year here de-stressing, and soaking up the laidback atmosphere!

Do please feel free to contact me if you need any more information.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which part of south west turkey

Yes, Adrasan is also one of these nice little out of the way places but my favorite is Cirali. Actually both are neighboring villages and have the same natural landscape.

I personally perfer the beach of Cirali over Adrasan because Cirali offer a bit more shaded areas to get away from the heat of the day. Adrasan to me is too open with no shaded areas and the beach or cove is smaller than Cirali. In Cirali you can pick a spot on the beach either at the Olympos end where more people tend to go or if you are like me, going farther down the beach to a nice quiet area.

If you are looking for a more out of the way village but still close to main attractions, check out the quiet village of CIRALI located 80kms south from Antalya. It is a wonderful place for families with it's clean 4km secluded beach, the ancient ruins of Olympos and the flames of Chimeara.

Cirali is one of the last remaining villages that has not been taken over by mass tourism. You can easily rent a car for daily trips to surrounding areas like Antalya, Termessos, fish restaurants of Ulupinar, Kekova ( sunken city of Simena ), Kas, Kalkan, Arykanda etc.

Also daily boat trips are nice to the surrounding islands. If you like to hike Cirali to Ulupinar is part of the Lycian Way.

Cirali only has a few quiet bars playing turkish folk music and restaurants on the beach and in the village center. No dicos, or big hotels just nice liitle family run hotels and pansiyons.

Halifax Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: which part of south west turkey

Icemaler was the 1st place in Turkey we ever went to and a good starting point for 1st timers, it is not now my favorite but it is just fine depends what you like but it is middle of the road as you have the very busy Marmaris to one side easy to get to by boat or bus, and the Lovely quite Turunc on the other, again water taxi or bus. The harbour at Marmaris is nice, and there are some nice trips to do, Oul Deniz is lovely the beach lagoon and again it has Hisonaru up the road ifyou wont lots of bars restraunts and nightlife, and Fethye the harbour town just for a more Turkish feel, once again many nice trips. I am sure you will enjoy both resorts, but would have more idea if I knew what your idea of a nice place was. Any more questions just ask.

9. Re: which part of south west turkey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:12 am, October 15, 2014
Halifax Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: which part of south west turkey

Both will be just fine then, the bazar in Marmaris is very good, and so is the one in Fethyie near Oul Deniz, both resorts have plenty of bars and restraunts, without been too ott.And both have good scenary, you could also do Kalkan OulDeniz, these would be my choice, but which ever sounds like you have got what you need with what you have chosen. You can go for quiter or more action in both resorts. Have a wonderful time.

Get answers to your questions about Turgutreis
More Turgutreis Topics