We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Voyage Torba - mixed reviews!!!!

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Voyage Torba - mixed reviews!!!!

Hi due to holiday at Voyage Torba end of October and becoming increasingly concerned with complete contrast in reviews, seems to be no consistency and either fab and amazing or worst place ever!, not sure how it can be so different!

Was getting such great reviews when made my booking, now wondering if should switch to Rixos which was second choice!,

Any advices gratefully received especially regards GOOD room locations.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Voyage Torba
Voyage Torba
3,935 Reviews
Torba, Turkey
rotherham
Level Contributor
3,795 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Voyage Torba - mixed reviews!!!!

Hi lottie

We have never stayed in the V.Torba,but have stayed in the next hotel on the beach front to it called Izer Beach hotel twice the the last time being in June..I can tell you it does look a fab hotel and from walking along the beach path into the village its a very busy hotel...We have however stayed in the Voyage Turkbuku which is a little further around the coast and could not fault that at all,but its smaller than the V.Torba..

I personaly go with the majority of the reviews so if there is more good than bad that does for me..

The Voyage Torba is right in the heart of the village of Torba and a few mins walk from the old harbour..The Rixos is on the main road from the airport before you reach Torba and Bodrum,so there is no where you could have a walk to if you wish to leave the hotel,you would have to get a bus to either Bodrum or Torba..

I know this is not much help to you,but you could try PM some of the reviewers ..

Hope you have a good holiday what ever your decision is its a lovely area of Turkey..

Wendy

Mentioned in this post
Torba
Torba
Bodrum, Turkey
Voyage Turkbuku
Voyage Turkbuku
1,246 Reviews
Golturkbuku, Turkey
Voyage Torba
Voyage Torba
3,935 Reviews
Torba, Turkey
Bodrum
Bodrum
Mugla Province, Turkey
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Voyage Torba - mixed reviews!!!!

Ah thankyou so much Wendy really encouraging and my heart is still saying go with majority, as you say, I just find it amazing the views are so contrasting, I'm sure it will be great just getting bit twitchy!!

King regards

Lottie

North Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
315 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Voyage Torba - mixed reviews!!!!

We went May this year. We had booked almost 1yr in advance and watched the reviews turn from fabulous to terrible toward the end of season. I was on the brink of cancelling.I am so glad I never.

However we were start of season so I can't vouch for end of season as things draw to a close. We had a great experience, I hope you do too

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Voyage Torba - mixed reviews!!!!

Thanks Joolz, fingers crossed it will be ok, i am anticipating end of season glitches, but hope that still remains as good as peak season as price doesnt drop that much! Still would expect 5* quality.

London
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Voyage Torba - mixed reviews!!!!

We're booked to go here on 18th October with Thomson. Like you I am getting very nervous and have emailed Thomson and they have said they always work with the hotel to address past poor reviews etc. Fingers crossed for a great experience! Should be 5* as we only paid £500 for the week but price has gone up to £850 since then!

London
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Voyage Torba - mixed reviews!!!!

We're booked to go here on 18th October with Thomson. Like you I am getting very nervous and have emailed Thomson and they have said they always work with the hotel to address past poor reviews etc. Fingers crossed for a great experience! Should be 5* as we only paid £500 for the week but price has gone up to £850 since then!

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Voyage Torba - mixed reviews!!!!

UK29 fingers crossed too! Lets hope for some good reviews over next couple of weeks!, have you booked standard room?

England
Level Contributor
105 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Voyage Torba - mixed reviews!!!!

im also worried now. this happened last year towards end of season the reviews started to get worse! and i worried then. dont know why things should change so much just because its end of season! just have to hope the bad reviews are wrong! sure all will be fine

London
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Voyage Torba - mixed reviews!!!!

We booked a double. Think it was only room option given to us. When I emailed them they said the room photos on the website would be the type we'd receive so I think a printout of that email will be coming with us. Weather is looking good for Bodrum so chances are we won't need to stay in rooms much. Going to book the Kos and Ephesus trips!

Mentioned in this post
Bodrum
Bodrum
Mugla Province, Turkey
Kos
Kos
Dodecanese, Greece
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Voyage Torba - mixed reviews!!!!

Ooh good idea uk29!! Print out of room pic! As you say hopefully weather will be good and it wont matter too much, reviews def did go downhill last oct too still holding out and Rixos on standby for now if nerves get better of me!, have emailed hotel voicing my concerns and still no reply which doesnt bode well in terms of customer satisfaction!

Get answers to your questions about Torba
More Torba Topics