We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tropicana Beach..

Which Gumbet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Tropicana Beach..

HI all..

We've booked for the Tropicana next year.. Having a change from Marmaris and can't wait :-)

Just wondering if you can contact direct before going to request a quiet room?.. Have read it can be a little noisy around the pool / bar at night.. Our room last year was over the bar and we were kept awake all night, wouldn't fancy that again!

Have booked with Jet2 and have a studio room..

Any tips for nice places to eat etc would be fab too

Thanks!

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tropicana Beach..

Yes you can email them in advance to request a quiet room.

Tropicana are lovely apartments, we stayed there last October.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tropicana Beach..

Thanks for that!

Looking forward to it, looks fab on the website.. Is there any particular part to ask for or will just 'quiet' do?

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
186 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tropicana Beach..

Hi I've been to the tropicana and nxt door to the jasmine many times and I'm pretty sure the studio rooms are at the front by the bar, or they are what they call the dungeon rooms at the back. I think that where ever you are u will hear the music if not from the tropicana, u will hear the music from the siesta and the jasmine which are very close neighboring apartments. The music has never bothered us even with younger children, but if u r a light sleeper it may do and I've known it go on till 4am ;)

4. Re: Tropicana Beach..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:21 am, February 09, 2013
Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
303 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tropicana Beach..

Ask for a room near the back of the hotel and you will be further away from the bar area where the music is broadcast from. The hotel has three levels and there are studio rooms on each level. The lower level of the hotel is down steps from the pool/reception/bar area and one or two rooms may be darker than others but certainly couldn't be described as dungeon rooms! I'm heading back in July for our 11th visit to Tropicana, can't wait. You have made a good choice and will have a great time there - the staff are all fantastic!!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tropicana Beach..

thanks for that.. appreciate the replies..

I'd prefer a higher floor so will make sure to ask for that too :-)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tropicana Beach..

Time has flown by since I posted this... We go next Thurs, can't wait :-)

We emailed a couple of times but never got a response for our request for a quiet room.. Guess we'll have to hope for the best!

I've seen it states 'internet access' available there but is it wifi or just the usual computer you pay to use?

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
303 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tropicana Beach..

Both. Wifi available and a computer in reception you pay to use.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tropicana Beach..

That's Great..

Thanks Tony :)

manchester
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
583 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tropicana Beach..

Hi, don't know if you are on facebook but the Tropicana are on there. You could always send a friend request and ask them direct for email saying you have been trying to contact them.

Janice xx

Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations
More Gumbet Topics