We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

brothers bar

Which Gumbet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kent
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
brothers bar

can anybody tell me where the brothers bar is in gumbet,which bars is it near, thank you

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
439 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: brothers bar

Brothers bar is just about opposite the Nagi Beach Hotel (road entrance not beach!!). Its just after the bottom of bar street hill (the end where temple bar is) and with bar street behind you it's about twenty yards on the left. Hope that makes sense. It's a great bar and Murat, who has the bar, is a great guy, have known him for years.

kent
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: brothers bar

thank you so much going there in 2 weeks looking forward to going to the brothers bar,heard so much about it

Spalding, United...
Level Contributor
247 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: brothers bar

we will not be bothering going into Brothers this year.

last year the "staff" were constantly in your face,couldnt even have relaxing drink.

No Name Bar,just down from Brothers is a much better place,oh and not forgetting Leo's,great staff,great atmosphere....these will be our locals again this year ;))

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
439 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: brothers bar

I've never found the staff in Brothers Bar (or as they used to be, in Corner Bar) any more 'in your face' than the other lively 'party' bars. No Name Bar, I agree, is a more 'relaxed' sort of bar and the staff there are not engaged in getting you up to join in the dancing/fun. As I always suggest, if the staff are behaving in a way that makes you uncomfortable for any reason, just politely ask them not to do it. If that doesn't work, which would surprise me, a quick word with the bar manager should.

Brothers Bar is a good fun night and of course the staff want you to join in the fun and drink plenty, that's their business. But as the last poster says, if that's not your bag, you can take your business elsewhere.

Bitez, Turkey
Level Contributor
315 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: brothers bar

here here quite agree about bar's if you don't like the attention or being bothered move on plus the guy's are not mind readers so tell them you want to be left alone! it's there job to try to entertain if the bar makes money so do they , in every bar sometimes the staff are rude!! all the staff try so hard in every bar my moto horses for courses everyone likes different things thank goodness, it's the same when people moan about being pestered alone the streets and the girl's moan when giving attention by the boy's when they are wearing next to nothing !!!!!! this is not meant for anyone on this post just me waffling on , so enjoy the bar's a friendly not my sort of game when they bother you and they will leave you be if your polite if your rude well they will never forget or help you out in any way , once you get to no them they look after you like your there family , have a lovely holiday

Spalding, United...
Level Contributor
247 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: brothers bar

FYI the "staff" were told that my daughter DID NOT want to get up and dance,for her own reasons,but they constantly pestered her and eventually got hold of her arm and basically dragged her up to dance.

totally uncalled for and unprofessional!!!

so if you call that "there job to try to entertain",then they failed miserably.

Leo's Bar was a much better place overall.they would ask if you wanted to dance,notice ASK,if you didnt then the guys moved on,hence why we spent many a happy night in Leo's,plus they got repeat business from us and will again this year without hesitation.

Edited: 1:19 pm, May 03, 2012
Bitez, Turkey
Level Contributor
315 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: brothers bar

The next time ever if this happens you must report this if it upset you as it would of course anyone , that is as you said not entertaining at all , it is a crime in turkey to do this and is taken very serious , they are not suppost to pester in or outside bars and they are by no means allowed to pull your arms or touch you , if reported they would be closed down for a time and fined , yes leo, smilelys, chicos , staff are lovely and friendly , i hope you enjoy a pestering free relaxed holiday this year ...

Spalding, United...
Level Contributor
247 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: brothers bar

thanks Chryysie,

well,we didnt want to make a fuss,so drank up and left,didnt want it to spoil our night out by moaning.

but no bother at any other bars as i can recall,all inviting and friendly.

off topic,but what was the name of the boat trip you use,as we didnt get round to it last year and would love a day out on a boat this year,

thanks.

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
439 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: brothers bar

Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear that the staff in Brothers got a bit over enthusiastic in their want to include your daughter in the dancing and when they ignored your request to stop, I can understand that it spoiled your evening to the point that you decided to leave. I can also appreciate that you preferred to move on rather than make a fuss but, in instances like this it would be helpful if the bar manager had the chance to check the behaviour of his team rather than risk poor reviews. Perhaps Murat reads these reviews and will include it in his training sessions. He's on my Face book, to be sure, I'll drop him a line and ask him to check this out.

Just to redress the balance for others reading though, whilst Brothers is lively and the staff do try to get you up to join in, I have never experienced anything like the other poster has reported and, if I've said no, that's been the end of it.

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,573 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: brothers bar

Hi David, if you want a nice relaxing day on a boat, you could try the Topol Kamil which you book with the Hotel Baba on the beach. It's not one of those banging, dancing boats - more chilled music, a lovely buffet lunch and very relaxing. It's the one I always go on - although this year I am hoping to go out on Chryysie's man's boat as I met her early in the year and we got on really well.

Jak xx

Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations
More Gumbet Topics