We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bodrum Beach Resort

scotland
Level Contributor
11 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Bodrum Beach Resort

I have been looking for an all inclusive hotel in Gumbet and have seen the Bodrum Beach Resort on First Choice. There it says "newly built" so it's only artist's impressions on the website, no pictures and I can't find any reviews anywhere. Has anyone been there, heard of it, know if it's open or when it is due to open?

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bodrum Beach Resort

I'm struggling to think of this one. When you look at the First Choice web page, the map seems to show that it's next door or close to the Siesta Beach which is on the road down to where the boats leave from.

It honestly doesn't ring a bell with me and I didn't see any large scale building work in that area when I was there at the new year - there again, I wasn't really looking.

The artwork is certainly impressive but I think I may be a bit wary of booking this so early on - there can always be delays. This is only my opinion of course but knowing how some people went on last year with another hotel which wasn't ready, I would be loathe to book it.

Jak xx

scotland
Level Contributor
11 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bodrum Beach Resort

Thanks Jak!

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,758 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bodrum Beach Resort

It's a new one on me too. It does look to be down the Siesta Beach part of the resort but looks more as if it is near Club Flora.

It looks nice in the pictures but I agree with Jakki, I don't think I would take a chance on booking something that hasn't been built yet. I have heard nothing about a new hotel being built there either. I will ask my husband if any of his friends know anything though.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,758 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bodrum Beach Resort

Jakki, you don't think it could be that building that has been there for years and years half built do you?

I was just looking at the round building. It would be quite good if they did finish building that it seems such a waste to have a half built hotel there in a prime spot. It has been like that for at least 9 years!

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bodrum Beach Resort

Oh do you mean the round one? I always thought it was gonna be a multi-storey car park LOL!! Yep, definitely at least nine years - I would have thought the concrete would have perished by now!

If that is going to be it, I really wouldn't risk booking it just yet - a long way to go before ready I would have thought!!

Jak xx

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,758 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bodrum Beach Resort

lol - I always thought it looked like a car park too!

3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bodrum Beach Resort

First choice have taken bookings from May onwards on this hotel. I have booked in for a few months later, hope it's completed and bugs ironed out by then

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bodrum Beach Resort

Hope this doesn't turn out to be another debacle like the Sharks Club Hotel in 2011 !!! When we were in Gumbet in October I noticed that they had made some progress on that round building..........I did wonder why, but they're going to have to go some to get it finished for May as it was still a shell so to speak

edinburgh
Level Contributor
179 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bodrum Beach Resort

Jakki / Kedi when i was there in July the round building on the corner had lots of furniture on the upper floor of the building wrapped in plastic, we spotted it when we walked back over the hill from Bodrum and thought it was rather strange to have so much furniture stored in the concrete shell of a building site.

John

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bodrum Beach Resort

Well, wonders will never cease if it turns out that they are actually going to finish this building. I am going over on 2 April and will make a point of going over that way and having a look to see what's happening.

Jak xx

Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations
More Gumbet Topics