We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Republic - Advanced Passenger Information (API)

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Republic - Advanced Passenger Information (API)

I'm travelling on 25/06/2010, i have booked with travel republic on booking i was never given the option to input API, i have just called them and they have said i need it!!! i have explained to them that they website does not give you the option, Nobody seemed bothered.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Republic - Advanced Passenger Information (API)

Hi SuzeyQ6

I would email them all the passengers details in the following format

Full names as they appear in passport

Date of Birth

Nationality

Passport Number

Passport Expiry Date

Place of Issue

Ask for an acknowledgment of your email and print the emails off and bring to the airport. Hope this helps. It's really annoying when they don't seem to care but are happy to take your dosh! Good Luck

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Republic - Advanced Passenger Information (API)

Yes, I can see your point as the API on their website only refers to SPAIN.........As I said, take the information to the airport so you can give a copy if needed at check in.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
616 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Republic - Advanced Passenger Information (API)

Hi,

I'm travelling with them on the 17/7 and have called them a number of times regarding API. They all seem pretty clueless, telling me to go to the manage your booking section of their website but no details found. That said, if you look in the top questions to the right of the main gumbet forum page, IIRC someone said only certain types of flightsare subject to API.

Hope that helps

Goole, United...
Level Contributor
431 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Republic - Advanced Passenger Information (API)

May be you could try the airline website ?

london
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Republic - Advanced Passenger Information (API)

hey i work for travel republic! were not clueless ...! we only require it if flying with easyjet- you go to the main website and manage yourr booking- put in your flight ref ( usually starts with EUR or EUF) then lead surname.

then will bring API info on the menu click and imput details, if you have any problems speak to the customer service team they will be happy to help :-)

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,768 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel Republic - Advanced Passenger Information (API)

My parents booked through Travel Republic and they flew out last week. They were never asked to provide API (they flew with Monarch) and they had no problems.

If you don't provide it before hand it will be done at check in anyway so don't worry about it too much

Durham
Level Contributor
31 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel Republic - Advanced Passenger Information (API)

We are booked with Aegean Flights and recieved an email from them last week asking for all the above details. We travel mid July 2010. We have travelled to Turkey quite a few times and it's the first time we have had to do this. It was very easy to do. If you have your passport handy you will know the other info from the top of your head so don't worry.

8. Re: Travel Republic - Advanced Passenger Information (API)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 19, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations
More Gumbet Topics