We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rexene Hotel, Gumbet

Which Gumbet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Andover UK
1 post
Save Topic
Rexene Hotel, Gumbet

Hi, I am new to this site. I am visiting The Rexene Hotel in June 05 with my family and was wondering if any one had any reviews or comments about this particular resort. Also i have read in other areas that the Euro is a better currency to use, rather than the New Lira. What currency is currently being used and would I be better off taking both currencies?

Also any suggestions on good days out not costing a fortune. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks

Manchester UK
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rexene Hotel, Gumbet

Fabulous fabulous fabulous, recommend any of the boat trips and water sports, food fantastic, hotel and staff fantastic,

I stayed there about three years ago and I'm going back there on Sunday

Manchester UK
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rexene Hotel, Gumbet

Old Lira and New Lira are the best currency to use, you don't get a good exchange rate for the Euro. The Turks still love the British Pound too.

This hotel is excellent for families, my kids loved it. The security was really tight at the hotel and the staff were great.

The entertainment during the day was really good round the pool but absolutely dreadful at night. This was the hotels one and only failure. The shows that the staff put on were awful, but they may have changed this now.

Bodrum castle is good to visit, as is Camel Beach.

Grimsby
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Rexene Hotel, Gumbet

Hi, We have just returned from this hotel after a 2 week holiday and we had a good time. They have a wooden jetty leading straight into the sea were you can sunbath or walk down the steps into the sea, avoiding the pebbles which pass for a beach!

Having stayed at some very nice hotels we think this one is a 3 star even though it's classed as a Turkish 4 star.

Our room was clean/comfortable and we had a seaview.

Food/drink ok - you do have to pay extra for imported drinks and if you have children the icecream at the pool bar is extra.

Entertainment in the evening is very poor! We decided we would give this a miss and use the small bar they set up at night right on the seafront which is quiet and you can watch all the boats going by.

Quite a few steps in the hotel and if you want to go out you have to walk up a hill to get the dolmus at the top; but they run every few minutes, are new in most cases and only cost 1,500 lira per journey which is about 60p.

We took New Lira and were surprised that we could have used Euros, but they take both with no problems.

We took a day trip to Kos and changed some English money into Euros at a very good rate over there.

Boat trips which take you round 5 different places where you can get off and swim or just sunbath on the boat are great - we did 3 whilst there. They can include all drinks and lunch or just lunch, whatever you want.

Have a good one.

Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations
More Gumbet Topics