We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anka resort hotel gumbet

mid glamorgan
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
anka resort hotel gumbet

Hi

Has anyone stayed at the Anka Resort in Gumbet I am thinking of booking to go in June would appreciate any report of the hotel.

trica

Romania
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anka resort hotel gumbet

very good one.

on the beach, but platform beach, not sand one.

animation programs, rooms are clean, u have tv, radio, minibar, shower. Lots of green, quiet hotel, the services and the personal are 5*.

just 5 min away by dolmus(local transportation - mini bus) from bodrum.

Located in Gumbet resort, which is really great resort woth restaurant, disco. u will never get bored there.

www.ankaresort.com

liverpool
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: anka resort hotel gumbet

hi there have you been yet??

i am going there on saturday can you give me any advice??

please

mid glamorgan
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anka resort hotel gumbet

Dont bother to go there try and get your hotel changed. We came back on the 22nd june 2005 the hotel is the pits. 176 steps to get to the dinning room not worth bothering when you get there. We only stayed there one night and that was one night to many. Phoned Thomas Cook office in bodrum rep

came to see us the 2nd day we were moved and in another hotel by mid day. Worse hotel I have ever stayed in Dirty Smelly and as forall inclusive the soft drinks were orange squash or water 1 bar open in the evening 1 barman serving measure's were smaller than back home. hope this helps.

liverpool
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: anka resort hotel gumbet

oh my god!!

do you have to pay to be moved to another hotel?

are there any good/nice points to this hotel?

mid glamorgan
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: anka resort hotel gumbet

Yes the 2 pools were lovely thats about all I can say on the good side. We were moved to the parkim palas. It was in the middle of the street but didn't hear any noise at night. The hotel staff were brill couldn't do enough for you the poool area has plenty of beds with padded cushions and it was right on the beach with free beds and shades The hotel was only HB but as this was the only one with rooms available so we had to take it.

The food was not brill( typical turkey) but there was always something to eat The bedding was changed every day so were the towels room again were basic but very clean.

We booked with thomas Cook and I am now awaiting a reply to my complaints letter. I would think Thomas Cook are very aware of the anka hotel as every british person we spoke to were going to complain.

Huddersfield, UK
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: anka resort hotel gumbet

Tricia,

Don't worry too much about Anka.

Yes its on a hill

Yes there are lots of steps.

The beach is not good and at the bottom of a hill, but they have water sports there.

Anka is a good base for Gumbet, as you know is fantastic for Beach & Nightlife. Dolmus from Anka is every 10 mins & cheap. Taxi is only ��2-3

Hotel is good to stay at during day, but you'll do this for a few days anyway coz you'll be off doin other things.

Food is a bit Salady with lots of choice. Not a lot of meats to choose from

I stayed there with my three kids last year and they loved the pool, didn't like the food as much, but we stayed in 5 * hotel couple of years ago and my kid munched a burger king on way home as if he had starved for 2 weeks and that hotel was a la carte.

Email me if you want more info - gary mcleod@ntlworld.com

If you are young fit & healthy, u'll be OK

Its a good base and Beer or Orange / coke on tap all day. Spirits not that good.

But thats what you get for 3* A/I

Gary

Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations
More Gumbet Topics