We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aquarium Bay

Which Bitez hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
312 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Aquarium Bay

Quite fancy a walk whilst in Bitez, is it possible to walk to Aquarium Bay? I know there are boat trips but is it accessible on foot & easy enough to find?

Thanks

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,569 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aquarium Bay

No, it's only accessible by boat - it's pretty remote and there's nothing there. There are some nice walks around Bitez though - you can walk inland (there's a walk called something Church Way which takes you into the "real" Bitez with its tangerine orchards and really old houses).

Jak xx

Level Contributor
312 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aquarium Bay

Thanks Jak, that sounds lovely :)

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
2,585 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aquarium Bay

The walk is called Chaple Walk,it is near the little laundry on the road out to Gumbet,a really nice walk but rough under foot.

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
157 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aquarium Bay

Hi

I was in Aquariam Bay last week and it is great. What I did notice that there was someone walking down the hill behind the domed, white painted water cistern.

When I got home I looked on google maps and clicked on Satellite and zoomed in and there may just be a way over to the bay.

If you follow the path past the harbour onto the well trodden path (The path is rough and you may need sturdy trainers) and keep the sea on your right you pass the first little beach area and then come to a second. (This is how far I got) From the map it seems that a path may take you over the hill to the bay.

Good luck and let us know if you get there.

Albert

Level Contributor
312 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aquarium Bay

Yes, will do! Thanks for that, we'll def try to do both walks.

I've just google earthed it too & can see the path you're talking about. Not knowing the area it's hard to judge the distance but I'm sure we'll have a bit of an explore & report back on where we end up!

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
157 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aquarium Bay

Hi Annie

I only went as far as the second small bay and I was ambling and looking for places to fish off the rocks. It took me around 40 minutes from the centre of Bitez.

The path then looks like it takes off over the hill and that is the unknown part.

I look forward to hearing about your exploration

Regards

Albert

Level Contributor
312 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aquarium Bay

Great Albert, thanks. Will boldly go into the unknown & see what we find, even if there's nothing of interest beyond the hill it'll be an adventure!

Annie

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aquarium Bay

You can walk to it ..a bit more information.

bodrumpeninsulatravelguide.co.uk/aquarium-co…

Level Contributor
312 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aquarium Bay

Brilliant! Thanks!

10. Re: Aquarium Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 01, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Bitez