We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolmus from Bitez to Turgutreis

Essex
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dolmus from Bitez to Turgutreis

Hi I'm holidaying for the first time in Bitez. I have been there for a day trip before and liked it. I generally stay near Gumusluk. How long is the dolmus journey from Bitez to Turgutreis? Is it best to go into Bodrum and get transfer from there to Turgutreis or direct from Bitez?

Going to be staying at the Kassandra hotel. Has anyone stayed there?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dolmus from Bitez to Turgutreis

i stayed at the Kassandra many moons ago.

You do not need to go into Bodrum you can get off the dolmus at the main road and wait for the Turgetries one. Takes about 30 mins.

Essex
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dolmus from Bitez to Turgutreis

Hi thanks for getting back to me. Is the Kassandra ok only seen lots of mixed reviews?

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dolmus from Bitez to Turgutreis

It is not a good hotel but not a bad one either.! Don't like being too negative because you have booked it.

It is in a nice position by the beach.... but you would be better sun bathing further along for service and food ect.

It was a long while ago when we stayed so don't know if rooms have improved they had tatty carpet in them then.

Breakfast was just basic but we had booked a cheap package deal so could not complain.

The last few years it has not seemed busy and has had mainly Dutch people staying there.

Essex
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dolmus from Bitez to Turgutreis

Hi thanks for that. I've only booked it as a base really so I'm not too fussed. However, it certainly wasn't cheap at £640+ per person and this was a last minute deal!

Kadikale, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Turgutreis
Level Contributor
3,536 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dolmus from Bitez to Turgutreis

If you intend to get the dolmus on a Saturday I'd suggest you go in to Bodrum as you may find it difficult to get a dolmus to stop as they get very full. Same applies in the evenings when people may be travelling back home from work.

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dolmus from Bitez to Turgutreis

That seems expensive. What board is it?

If it includes food and you are not fussed it is much cheaper eating on the back road... Blue Moon ...Pergoda and Pedesa to name a few.

At least you know what to expect and it will be fine as a base.

The dolmus stops right outside the Kassandra it will more or less be the first stop from terminus so you should be first on (if we are not on it already) we sometimes jump on it to the mosque if we are eating that end. Lazy i know... but it saves us the hassle of passing all the front restaurants.

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dolmus from Bitez to Turgutreis

Soyabean,just to make clear,the only place that the dolmus in Bitez goes is Bodrum,then as you may know you can get a dolmus to any where on the peninsula.Or if you get the dolmus up to the traffic lights on the main road you can get off & wave down your dolmus of choice.

Essex
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Dolmus from Bitez to Turgutreis

Hi bb, it is all inc - was coming up cheaper than self catering, bed end breakfast!? Thanks for names of restaurants we will definitely try them.

Will prob just eat breakfast at the hotel and maybe dinner once or twice but prefer eating out generally.

Handy that the dolmus stops outside the hotel. Guessing will be using it a lot.

I generally stay near Gumusluk so it will definitely make a change staying somewhere else.

Suehami, thanks for your advice will keep that in mind.

Turk0file, thank you, shall do that.

Just over a week to go and I shall be there, so excited!

Will be wanting to do a boat trip and generally go from Turgutreis or Yalikivak but shall go from Bodrum I guess as it's close, do you have any boat recommendations.

Thanking you in advance!

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dolmus from Bitez to Turgutreis

Soya we have never been on a bad boat trip from Bitez but two of the most popular are ...

http://www.bitezbeach.com/siesta.htm

or Liz and Ahmets boat ...

http://www.olivecottage.com/Boat-trip.html

you have to book early for Kelebek because it only takes 8 passengers.

Essex
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Dolmus from Bitez to Turgutreis

Hi again bb, thank you once again for the info, you have been most helpful and informative :)

Get answers to your questions about Bitez
Recent Conversations