We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to the Bodrum windmills

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
49 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
How to get to the Bodrum windmills

We have heard that the view from the windmills overlooking Bodrum is magnificent so we think that we should go there for a visit. Is it possible to walk from Bodrum city centre to the windmills? (We stay at Su Otel). Or is it better to take a bus or a taxi?

Thank you very much !!

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to the Bodrum windmills

Walk down to the harbour front in Bodrum and take the small bus heading into Gumbet.This passes by the windmills.It will drop you off at the bottom of the lane on the main road so you then just have 400-500 metres to walk to the windmills.

The views really are superb!

To return to Bodrum wait at the very same place you got off the bus for the next one coming along and it will take you the scenic route :) through Gumbet and then back into Bodrum.

There is also a taxi stand not far away if you want to get back quicker or you can walk from there back along the seafront to Bodrum in c.45 minutes.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
49 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to the Bodrum windmills

Thank you for your information.

Do I have to tell the driver to stop for the windmills?

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,590 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to the Bodrum windmills

It is the blue Bardakci bus that that you want which begins its journey at Bodrum bus station, goes through Bodrum (along the seafront) and out of Bodrum and up and down the hill into Bodrum. If you tell the driver you want to get off at the windmills, he will drop you at the bottom of the road up to them.

Jak xx

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
49 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to the Bodrum windmills

Thank you very much for your tips guys. I love the view from the windmill. It was awesome. The drivers who I encountered do not seem to understand the word windmill so I showed them the pictures in my phone and they understood right away. They dropped me off and it was a short walk up to the windmills. I found the brokem windmills picturesque though. Despite the shattered glasses on the ground, I recommend this place especially in the evening when the light is perfect. :)

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,590 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to the Bodrum windmills

Glad you enjoyed it. You're right though, the rubbish up there does spoil the area :-(

Jak xx

6. Re: How to get to the Bodrum windmills

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 10, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Bodrum City
Recent Conversations
More Bodrum City Topics