We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ephesus tour - all same itinerary?

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
470 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ephesus tour - all same itinerary?

Hi, I have searched for info on tours to Ephesus from Bodrum/Bizet and am confused as to who goes where. Recommendations welcome. :)

We don't really want to go anywhere but Ephesus and really would like to see the Terrace Houses - does anyone know if there is any tours that do 'more' Ephesus and less 'carpet factory' and/or 'trad. villages'?

Thanks. :)

blackpool
Level Contributor
107 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Ephesus tour - all same itinerary?

Is it easy to walk to Pedesa from Gumbet?(and am I likely to get lost!) does not look too bad on Google but I can get lost in asda.

John

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Ephesus tour - all same itinerary?

Depends what you mean by easy - it's about 3.5 miles and almost 1000 feet altitude. After Konacık it looks like you take the country road/track up to it - http://goo.gl/maps/bCRMN - another half mile or so beyond "B".

blackpool
Level Contributor
107 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Ephesus tour - all same itinerary?

Thanks for that davidm1 ,will give it a go I could do with the exercise and from the photos I have seen the views are pretty good

John

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
470 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Ephesus tour - all same itinerary?

@davidm1 Sorry missed seeing your last post to me. Saw the rock art post on megalithic is that you then? The 'Ancient Turkey' Routledge book from Am*zon is still being 'delivered' - d*mn weekend and no post! Lol.

Will have a look at the Tay Project, thanks.

Would love to visit Gobekli Tepe & Catal Huyuk but as never visited Turkey before thought we'd start somewhere more straightforward and see how that went...

London, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Ephesus tour - all same itinerary?

I'd recommend driving to Ephesus. It's a really easy drive, and that way you get to determine your own itinerary. All we wanted to do was see Ephesus and the Terrace house, and it was an amazing trip. The Terrance houses are a must ... almost the highlight of the trip.

26. Re: Ephesus tour - all same itinerary?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 31, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Bodrum City
More Bodrum City Topics