We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bodrum or Side??

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
673 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Bodrum or Side??

Never been to Turkey and looking to go in September. I have managed to narrow down my choice to the following:

Barut Hemera Resort Side

Voyage Bodrum

We are two adults late 30s looking for a relaxing holiday on a good beach, a hotel with good facilities and be able to venture out in the evenings to nearby towns / villages.

Has anyone been to either resorts and able to comment? Any help much appreciated.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Bodrum or Side??

I hope so as Im going in August....Not wanting to go to Blackpool!

silloth cumbria
Level Contributor
685 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Bodrum or Side??

Nothing like Blackpool,but if its your first time to Turkey your in for a cultural shock depending where you stay.Remember the first time we went with the kids,staying about 4 miles out ,travelled in on the Dolmus,not knowing where we were going got dropped off at the main Dolmus station.Got off it was like getting out of Wembley stadium after a football match,headed for the front with the crowds,hassled from every shop you went past until we reached the front,then hassled from every bar and resteraunt.We found eventually a better place to get off the Dolmus and avoided that area which made it better but eventually you learn to blanks he hassle and its not so much a problem.After saying all that we rally enjoyed the holiday and started to give as much back to the shop owners etc.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Bodrum or Side??

Thanks I feel a bit more assured now that everything will be ok. I really did not want to experience a Turkish Blackpool for the amount of money Ive paid!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
536 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Bodrum or Side??

have stayed in both,defnitely go for voyage bodrum,no comparison.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Bodrum or Side??

I have exactly the same question, but for Sept 14.

Which did you choose & how was it?

26. Re: Bodrum or Side??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 12, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Bodrum City
More Bodrum City Topics