We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for a quiet area to stay please

Tintagel,Cornwall
Level Contributor
756 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for a quiet area to stay please

We are planning a trip to Bodrum area (from Exeter) mid October and being well past retirement age are looking for ideas where we could stay without being surrounded by noisy nightclubs and bars!

We have been to Icmeler a few years ago and stayed at Greenworld outside the resort thankfully and something similar would suit us, preferably self catering.

Looking at some of the packages they seem quite reasonable but would appreciate suggestions from the 'experts' out there.

We usually spend the time touring and seeing as much as possible returning to the apartment early evenings for G & T's!.

Thanks for any help.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,753 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for a quiet area to stay please

I would suggest you start by looking at some of the smaller resorts: Bitez, Yalikavak or Turgutreis may be what you are looking for.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,771 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for a quiet area to stay please

As you are going mid Oct it won't be too busy anywhere as it is starting to wind down so once you steer clear of central Bodrum , Gumbet you will be fine. Bitez or Yalikavak would be nice and quiet at that time. I think Torba might suit you as it is a smaller quieter resort but only 15 mins from Bodrum by dolmuş so you have the best of all worlds. From Bodrum dolmuş you can get dolmuş to any of the other villages on the peninsula for a day out exploring. Bodrum itself won't be too busy in mid Oct and as long as you avoid Bar Street you will enjoy some nice restaurants and shops.

Edited: 5:52 pm, February 03, 2013
Tintagel,Cornwall
Level Contributor
756 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for a quiet area to stay please

Thanks for those suggestions and have started researching apartments as well as packages and there seems to be plenty on offer.

Still plenty of time to choose and no doubt will be asking several questions on this forum.

Will probably hire a car at some point but not sure if it will be from the airport as I think the arrival time is about midnight and don't fancy trying to find our accommodation in a strange place at that time of night!

Thanks again.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,753 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for a quiet area to stay please

I don't think trying to find your way after midnight would be such a good idea, maybe pick the car up later.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,771 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions for a quiet area to stay please

I would recommend booking a private transfer from the airport and then get a car later on.

I use the company below for airport transfer - you pay the driver on arrival at your accomadation - 100 Turkish Lira to Gündoğan - - they will be waiting with a sign with your name on it when you come out of airport. they arrange car rental as well.

http://www.aegeancoastproperties.com/

You should get a good deal in hotels and apartments in Oct. Try www.booking.com - you pay on check out. Or if you fancy a privately owned villa or apartment try

www.holidaylettings.co.uk

Tintagel,Cornwall
Level Contributor
756 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions for a quiet area to stay please

Thanks for those links and plenty of choice for us there.

Some great prices too.

It looks like doing our own thing would be the best option rather than a package which is what we usually do anyway and arrange transfers in advance.

Colwyn Bay, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions for a quiet area to stay please

Yalikavak would be my choice lovely small fishing village with plenty to do, very good bus service with lots of places to explore, small bars and restaurants to suit everyone,

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestions for a quiet area to stay please

Have a look at "Meis Apartments" in Bitez.

Manchester, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Suggestions for a quiet area to stay please

search summer garden apt. bitez and nursu apartment bitez or voyage torba club from internet they are very close to Bodru centrum and Gumbet where bars are located also quieter places as well

if you will be bodrum first time i dont suggest you to rent car, look around few days and if you trust yourself you can rent one

have a great time

Edited: 5:11 pm, February 12, 2013
Tintagel,Cornwall
Level Contributor
756 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Suggestions for a quiet area to stay please

Thanks Phil.

Will check them out..

Get answers to your questions about Bodrum City
Recent Conversations