We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

istankoy hotel

Weston super Mare...
Level Contributor
156 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
istankoy hotel

hi , will be staying at the istankoy hotel and was wondering if anyone knew of best rooms to request ? would like the quieter rooms (if any) as i do like my sleep lol, dont go to bed til 1 am (ish) but i do like relative quiet to get to sleep. if anyone has any advice or reccomendations on best room to request that would be great :)

ps..anyone know what the meals are like there ?

helen

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,363 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: istankoy hotel

Email Ali the manager and ask can you have a room around the back they are the quietess.

We stay there "out of season" and they put the Turkish buisness men there and also if you pay direct to hotel. If you are going through T Cook they tend to put you in the rooms by the pool which would be very NOISY in season I should imagine!

It is a basic spotless hotel and really look after us, The breakfast is a typical Turkish one and although we tend to eat out the meals we have eaten there have been good and really cheap.

We love it there it is in one of my favorite roads in Bodrum with lovely typical Turkish retaurants barbers shops ext.

Edited: 2:02 pm, January 24, 2013
Weston super Mare...
Level Contributor
156 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: istankoy hotel

thanks bb, we went to look at the hotel 2 yrs ago when we were there last on the reccomendation of trip agency just down the road from it, he said locals use it so it is good lol, booked with thomsons so i best email the manager to see if he would allocate us a room at the back,and fingers crossed we may get one, we are going mid june so when would be best to do this in your oppinion ?

thanks

helen

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,363 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: istankoy hotel

Istankoy is open all year so there is someone on reception 24/7 so maybe email them now? and a reminder before you go.

It really is a friendly place (we stayed there last month and will be there again next month) they will pick you up from the airport if required.

Weston super Mare...
Level Contributor
156 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: istankoy hotel

thanx for reply bb,

have taken your advice and emailed the hotel and requested room at back, hopefully we will be lucky :)) the only address i could find on the internet was ..... bodrum@hotelistankoy.com.tr do you happen to know if this is correct email address ?

thanks again

helen

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,363 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: istankoy hotel

Sorry we have never used that email address.

We get in touch with texts or you could try their Face Book page?

Weston super Mare...
Level Contributor
156 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: istankoy hotel

hi bb, no,i dont use face book, sent another email to that address again and it hasnt been returned as "undelivered" so hopefully they have got it, i have not had a reply yet though so i have no way of knowing if they have.

i shall just keep fingers crossed and hope for a reply :)

helen

Weston super Mare...
Level Contributor
156 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: istankoy hotel

hi bb,

would it be possible if i have not heard from the hotel that when you go next month you could get an email address for the hotel and come back to me either on the forum or pm me with it,

it would be really appreciated,

thanks

helen

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,363 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: istankoy hotel

Of course on problem!

Weston super Mare...
Level Contributor
156 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: istankoy hotel

thanks so much :)

helen

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
203 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: istankoy hotel

We have stayed there loads and agree about the rooms at the back as it does get nosiy round the pool in high season.

We have emailed before and never got a response. We found it better to ring them. If the person answering the phone does not speak good English they will get someone who does.

Avril

Get answers to your questions about Bodrum City
More Bodrum City Topics