We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resorts in Turkey

Belfast
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Resorts in Turkey

Wanting to go away for 2 weeks in July with my boyfriend and as I've never been before I am unsure of where to stay! I'm being drawn towards Bodrum as it is the most popular area, but then where in Bodrum do I stay?! Some opinions/advice would be great! :)

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resorts in Turkey

Tell us what you look for in a holiday?

Then we can all help you. ;-)

Belfast
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Resorts in Turkey

We like somewhere with the option of a crazy night out with bars/clubs, then the option of a nice meal with a quiet pub/bar with live music :) A beach nearby isn't essential, but nice. And somewhere with plenty of little shops. Somewhere where boat trips/watersports can be booked also! Preferably somewhere authentic, rather than modern with massive buildings! :)

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,586 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resorts in Turkey

You might be better looking at Gumbet rather than Bodrum - it seems to fit all your requirements.

Jak xx

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resorts in Turkey

Have a read up on Gumbet then for a place to stay and see what you think?

The rest of the resorts are only a dolmus ride away.

Belfast
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Resorts in Turkey

Gumbet seems a bit too much for us, think we're gonna go for Marmaris, as it seems more our type! :)

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,586 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resorts in Turkey

Not sure what you mean about Gumbet being "too much" for you - when compared with Marmaris, it has a more Turkish feel than Marmaris, is smaller and more friendly. Hope you enjoy your holiday though.

Jak xx

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resorts in Turkey

I'm not sure what you mean about being "too much" either but whatever you think is "too much" in Gumbet, Marmaris has twice as much and more! It is a lot bigger, noisier, livlier, more of everything really - lol

Gumbet is a lot smaller than Marmaris, less British feeling and as Jakki says it is very friendly there.

Belfast
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Resorts in Turkey

Well I've been told by people who have been to Gumbet that it's very much like a city, and that they just didn't enjoy it at all. It's also more expensive to stay in Gumbet so I'm being swayed to Marmaris by pricing also!

London, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Resorts in Turkey

Look at The Hisaronu/Oludeniz area too, sounds pretty much like what you're after. As hectic or quiet as you want at night. Plenty of stuff to do, boat trips etc and good shopping in Hisaronu or Fethiye. Great beach at Oludeniz, really easy to get round Olu/Hisaronu and Fethiye on the dolmus and a friendly resort with hardly any hassle.

Belfast
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Resorts in Turkey

Yeah, we really just want somewhere where we can make it as crazy or quiet as we want! And somewhere in our price range!

Get answers to your questions about Bodrum City
More Bodrum City Topics