We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boats/Ferry from Kos, Greece to Bodrum, Turkey

West Vancouver...
Level Contributor
19 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Boats/Ferry from Kos, Greece to Bodrum, Turkey

Ferry schedule does not work for our plans from Kos to Bodrum only shows 1 in late afternoon in August. Does anyone know if there are other boat companies that travel early in the morning from Kos to Bodrum.

Thank you

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,499 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boats/Ferry from Kos, Greece to Bodrum, Turkey

Yes there is a morning sailing each day as well as an afternoon one from each direction.Morning sail leaves at 09.00.

One way is run by the Turkish ferry company and the other side by their Greek counterpart :)

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,606 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boats/Ferry from Kos, Greece to Bodrum, Turkey

You can get the Greek ferry over in the mornings, we did that a couple of years ago.

London, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boats/Ferry from Kos, Greece to Bodrum, Turkey

There's a family run boat called the Maria Star, which leaves Kos at 9.30 am, and returns from Bodrum at 5pm.

West Vancouver...
Level Contributor
19 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boats/Ferry from Kos, Greece to Bodrum, Turkey

Thanks for this info. Can you give me a website that I can contact them?

The other referrals I have checked everywhere and all I can find is Bodrum Express which only leaves Kos in the afternoon.

I have looked at so many websites and have yet to find any boats (even private) or ferries that leave Kos in the morning going to Bodrum.

Would appreciate whatever information you can forward. Thank you very much

London, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boats/Ferry from Kos, Greece to Bodrum, Turkey

I don't have the website for the boat. But here's the contact information I've managed to dig up:

Phone +30 6938975483 or Phone +30 6937336485

Email: mariastar05@hotmail.com

KOS TOWN HARBOUR (3/4 way round harbour from Dolphin Square by the large metal boats).

Walk to the Harbour in Kos Town and book direct with the boat, this year the tour operators are charging €43.00. Euros, and you can do it for about, € 20 Euros + 4 Euros Tax if you book direct with the boat, the price does vary during the season and it is exactly the same as what you get as if you went through your tour operator.

I also saw it mentioned on this website:

kosexplorer.com/place/maria-star-to-turkey/

But it didn't have a website for the actual boat.

West Vancouver...
Level Contributor
19 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boats/Ferry from Kos, Greece to Bodrum, Turkey

Thank you so very much. We so appreciate receiving this

information. Thank goodness for Trip Advisor friends.

Cheers

from British Columbia, Canada

London, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boats/Ferry from Kos, Greece to Bodrum, Turkey

There were a couple of phone numbers on the kosexplorer site... that were different that the other ones....

Phone : (0030) 22420 26058 & (0030) 6938975483

Also saw that kos explorer had a Special offer - 10 Discount if you call using the numbers above and quote Kos Explorer. Also discounts given to family and group bookings

8. Re: Boats/Ferry from Kos, Greece to Bodrum, Turkey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:41 am, June 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Bodrum City
More Bodrum City Topics