We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Never been to Turkey. BODRUM or ANTALYA?

Boston...
Level Contributor
245 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Never been to Turkey. BODRUM or ANTALYA?

Me and my family (total 7, no children) are coming to Turkey and have 4 days in either Bodrum or Antalya. We don't drink, don't want to be overrun by Russian and UK tourists (sorry) and would rather spend our days both at sites and at beaches and pools.

We are choosing between Antalya (the Renaissance) or Bodrum area (renting a villa in Bitez Village perhaps).

Can someone tell me the difference between Antalya and Bodrum and offer suggestions? We will likely rent a van. Thanks!

Boston...
Level Contributor
245 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Never been to Turkey. BODRUM or ANTALYA?

I am also now looking at Kalkan. Ideas?

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,735 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Never been to Turkey. BODRUM or ANTALYA?

Well I haven't been to Antalya but I can tell you about the Bitez area. You can rent some lovely villas around the area, Bitez village isn't by the sea but if you are hiring a van it is easy to get to, otherwise you could stay in Bitez Beach.

The Bodrum Peninsula is lovely and there are plenty of places to see around there, the beaches are nice, although I do believe the beaches are nicer in the Antalya area.

You will certainly find British tourists in Bitez but they are generally the well behaved kind rather than the ones who give our nation such a bad name! I have never noticed many Russian tourists around Bitez.

You will find more Russians in Antalya so I hear.

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Never been to Turkey. BODRUM or ANTALYA?

paler why no look at KUSADASI BIZZ, thers lots of yanks in kus of the big ships that come in ,,and a good mix of the rest,,

Boston...
Level Contributor
245 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Never been to Turkey. BODRUM or ANTALYA?

Thanks any insight on Kalkan?

5. Re: Never been to Turkey. BODRUM or ANTALYA?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:22 am, July 14, 2016
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Never been to Turkey. BODRUM or ANTALYA?

There is a separate Kalkan forum with lots of information so post a question there as well and you should get lots of updates

scotland
Destination Expert
for Kusadasi
Level Contributor
3,211 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Never been to Turkey. BODRUM or ANTALYA?

Yes Bodrum Peninsula within day trip distance to Ephesus as well, so always a consideration

Bangor Co Down
Level Contributor
73 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Never been to Turkey. BODRUM or ANTALYA?

HI, We have been to both Bodrum and Antayla areas, to be honest it depends on what you can cope with personally, Bodrum is uk tourists and Antalya mainly russians and germans.

We found the russians hard work, just my opinion but they can be very rude and short on manners, i know a minority of uk tourists can be to but nothing compared to the russians.

I would def go bodrum given the choice.

croydon
Level Contributor
616 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Never been to Turkey. BODRUM or ANTALYA?

Another vote for bodrum.I have only been to antalya once but i prefer bodrum and have been 4 times and go again in 5 weeks time.

London, United...
Level Contributor
225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Never been to Turkey. BODRUM or ANTALYA?

Have you had a look at Cirali? It is about an hour and a half drive from Antalya. There is no mass tourism there and only small family owned hotels. You certainly wouldn't be overun by tourists like in the resorts. It has a 3.5km beach which is protected by the WWF because of the loggerhead turtles that lay their eggs there. It is on the lycian way if you are interested in hiking. A short walk down the beach are the ruins of Olympos and you also have the flames of the chimera. A short drive away is the site of Phaselis which is well worth a visit.

Sunshine

Get answers to your questions about Bodrum City
More Bodrum City Topics