We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for my future trip to Ankara

Which Ankara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
3 posts
Save Topic
Suggestions for my future trip to Ankara

Hi there,

Heard that 2 new hotels are now in Ankara. Ramada hotel and Swissotel. As there rates are almost the same.

Hilton and Sheraton are known of course but over my budget. Which one would you recommend if you already crossed by there lately.

Thanks everyone.

Have a nice one.

Itinerant traveller

nkt
Ankara, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Ankara
Level Contributor
1,902 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Suggestions for my future trip to Ankara

Ah, ok. Your question (which I assume is that you will visit Ankara and are seeking hotel recommendations) wasn't clear from your one-liner, and I thought you were bumping just for the sake of bumping. Sorry.

There are a lot of hotels of all luxury levels in Ankara, I'm sure you can find one once you decide on your budget. Unfortunately I can only give help in location-related questions, as I never stayed in any of them.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,026 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Suggestions for my future trip to Ankara

Hi there,

we stayed in Ramada and in Gordion, they are both located on Tunali Hilmi side street, they are actually neighbors.

Both hotels were very pleasant, and I can highly recommend them.

All you need to do is to cross the street to find yourself in a fantastic lively street with great shopping and eating opportunities.

If you get a chance go and visit Beypazari, it's wonderful, not only the place itself also the road down there is breathtaking!

Good luck!

Delavan, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Suggestions for my future trip to Ankara

nkt, I understand. Living in Ankara you wouldn't know the hotels since you don't need them. And I am probably asking my questiona bit prematurely. So, that is why I just bumped the thread rather than asking my own question.

See, my daughter presently lives in Istanbul. But she has just resigned her job and anticipates getting a new one in Ankara next month. But she hasn't moved there yet, and I am not sure that it is 100%. I do know that I will be visiting Turkey on business in October. And of course will visit our daughter whereever she is, plus this will be our first visit to Turkey and we hope to see some of the country. But she won't have vacation time to spend traveling with us and will probably just have a small 1-bedroom apartment. So, I'm assuming that we are going to have to find a hotel or some other such accomodation, plus entertain ourselves during the workday.

Add to that my niece just told me that she might be getting married in October, but no actual date is set. She too presently lives in Istanbul, but her family lives in Mersin. And then there is more family elsewhere. That leaves a lot more question marks than answers right now, but I have to book the business portion of my trip by the end of the month.

So, I'm primarily trying to get an advance read on some of the many options, as I have to book the business part of my trip before my daughter actually moves to Ankara (assuming she does), and then will fill in with the personal portion later. Not that everyone reading here wanted or needed all of those details, but it might explain a little to those who are interested in such things.

nkt
Ankara, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Ankara
Level Contributor
1,902 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Suggestions for my future trip to Ankara

Well, details don't hurt, since:

1- Turkey forum is one big family

2- If your daughter's new job were known, we could suggest a hotel near it.

3- knowing somebody will live in Ankara can make me bump old threads that may be useful to her.

15. Re: Suggestions for my future trip to Ankara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, December 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Ankara