We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Istanbul to Ankara

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
160 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Istanbul to Ankara

I am planning to go to Ankara on 2 Dec from Istanbul by bus. I want to know how many hours to get there. Because I want to plan the itenerary. Tq.

Anadolu Medeniyetleri Muzesi
History Museums, Natural History Museums
Haci Bayram Mosque (Haci Bayram Camii)
Architectural Buildings, Sacred & Religious Sites
Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Istanbul to Ankara

Most buses take approximately 7 hours to get there.There are buses with a variety of companies leaving hourly day and night.Kamil Koç,Ulusoy,Metro,plus several others all cover the route.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
160 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Istanbul to Ankara

Thanx Sarikanarya...

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,456 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Istanbul to Ankara

FazyMokh, In fact most buses take about 6 hours to get to Ankara. Here are the Metro Turizm buses that serve Ankara from ıstanbul: "https:/…".

enigma...

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,286 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Istanbul to Ankara

Do not forget that a flight is just one hour and prices are the same even with Turkish Airlines:

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/

Anadolu jet (budget part of THY) has flights for 19 TL!

Good luck!

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
160 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Istanbul to Ankara

Tq VillaRhapsody.. I already booked a ticket thru Anadolujet... 54 tl... so good, pay & fly... i dont have to pay now... just make a reservation...

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
160 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Istanbul to Ankara

From my hotel, Hotel Tulip House, how to go to the airport?

Istanbul
Level Contributor
619 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Istanbul to Ankara

Ataturk Airport (IST) or Sabiha (SAW) Airport?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
160 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Istanbul to Ankara

Sabiha... thanx

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
160 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Istanbul to Ankara

Stay for 2 nights in Istanbul, third day moving to Ankara, fourth day switch to Aksaray and overnight in Cappadocia, I also want to visit the Lake Tuz. After Cappadocia I will go to Konya for a night, the next day Pamukkale, I'll spend the night here. How do I want to go to Pamukkale from Konya? Any train facility from Konya to Pamukkale? After Pamukkale, Bursa is the final destination before returning to Istanbul. How do I get to Bursa from Denizli?

nkt
Ankara, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Ankara
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Istanbul to Ankara

With the exception of high speed lines that connect Ankara to Konya and Eskişehir, the answer for short distances is always bus. So take a bus from Konya to Pamukkale, then take a bus from Pamukkale to Bursa. For the Konya-Denizli part, I did a quick search of a few big companies, and found only one nightbus by "Metro". However, I am sure you can find dozens of other buses on this path by smaller companies, probably in the form of buses from somewhere east of Konya to somewhere west of Denizli. So you have 3 options: 1- book online from Metro, 2- When you reach Konya, go to the bus terminal and ask around, 3- When you reach your hotel, ask your hotel receptionist to find a bus for you.

I know not doing it in advance rings all kinds of alarms, but as long as you aren't traveling on holidays, you'll always find a bus.

One of the biggest bus companies is "Pamukkale", obviously based on Denizli. Another is "Kamil Koç", based in Bursa. So the Denizli-Bursa part is easy, you'll find several buses per day on this path.

As for lake Tuz, the only viable way to do that is if you rent a car and drive to it (if you actually want to walk on its beaches that is). I did that when I drove from Aksaray to Ankara a few years ago. If all you want to do is to see it on the way, then take a window seat on the right side of the bus from Ankara to Aksaray.

Edited: 1:29 pm, October 27, 2013