We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Ankara Airport to city center

Italy
Level Contributor
12 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
From Ankara Airport to city center

HI all

I am try to find out where the HAvas shuttle stops in the city center. I have to go in the area of Gaziosmanpaşa. South-West of Ankara city center. Do you know what is the closer stop of the Havas, from where I could take a taxi or walk? What is the best station to drop off in case, with most taxis and other city busses?

Thank you very much!

Federico

Ankara, Turkey
1 post
Save Reply
31. Re: From Ankara Airport to city center

I have to go from Gaziosmanpasa to Esenboga Airport for a 5 pm flight to India . Is there any public transport which allows baggage as well ? How much time will it take to reach the airport ? I paid 100 TL to a taxi when I arrived here . Kindly let me know ASAP . Thanks

nkt
Ankara, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Ankara
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: From Ankara Airport to city center

Depends slightly on your location in GOP, but the only way you can go with baggage would be by bus to or near Ulus, and then take the Havaş bus to the airport, or by bus to Kızılay and then Bus 442 to the airport. The first bus may depend on your location, but 109, 112, 113, 114, 160, 317, 318, 413 are some candidates.

Bengaluru, India
2 posts
Save Reply
33. Re: From Ankara Airport to city center

please somebody tell me haw i can get from airport to ankara universitesi? i think its on cemal gursel cadesi

Bengaluru, India
2 posts
Save Reply
34. Re: From Ankara Airport to city center

please somebody help me how can i get from ankara airport to ankara univercity?

i think its on cemal gursel cadesi

nkt
Ankara, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Ankara
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: From Ankara Airport to city center

AU has multiple campuses all around the city. Which department/conference hall do you wish to go?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: From Ankara Airport to city center

Hi there!

I am trying to figure out what would be best in terms of price and time.

I am arriving at Esenboga airport around 6am and Alba Ankara Hotel (close to Guvenpark) asked me 110TL for a transfer from the airport to them.

Would a taxi at the airport that time be the same or less? And would it be difficult to find one?

Thank you!

nkt
Ankara, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Ankara
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: From Ankara Airport to city center

Taxi may be slightly cheaper, and you can find them outside the terminal. It will definitely be cheaper per person, if you are more than 1 person.

Bus 442 also goes from the airport to Güvenpark, and would be the best option unless you have lots of luggage.

Edited: 2:53 am, October 03, 2013
Ankara, Turkey
Level Contributor
124 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: From Ankara Airport to city center

I just came from Esenboğa and I woul like to inform you that EGO 442 replaced its municipal buses with HAVAS type buses so dont confuse.. Now they serve like HAVAS buses and price is still 5.25 TL what changed is that you dont have worry about your luggage an attendant would put your luggage into the luggage compartment under the bus..you can pay for your ticket on board and get your receipt.. all same with HAVAS system but EGO Bus still has more stops than HAVAS.. take into consideration that the whole trip from ESENBOĞA to KIZI LAY takes 45-50 minutes up to 60-70 minutes during rush hours.. So make your plans accordingly... BTW shuttle to ALBA hotel (110 TL) is very expensive I guess you can find cheaper shuttles around 70-80 TL. Pm if you need mor shuttle info, I wrote about shuttle companies in details in other threads though..

Alanya, Antalya...
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
39. Re: From Ankara Airport to city center

Thank you for the information. But for me is unclear which number (442? . I am interested the number or mark ) of bus I has to look for from Kizilay to the airport. Where the bus stop is located in Kizilay area?

Many thanks for your reply)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: From Ankara Airport to city center

Hi Olga,

The 442 bus leaves from Kizilay. As mentioned earlier in the thread the stop if infested with fake taxis that will offer to take you to the airport. They may lie to you saying the buses don't work etc but ignore them.

The bus from Kizilay leaves from infront of the Gama is merkezi which is across the park with the statues etc in it in Kizilay.

…google.com/mw-panoramio/…20743916.jpg

Following links should be of help

esenbogaairport.com/mobile/…

web.ego.gov.tr/parts/egohareketsaatleri.asp…

mistytur.com/havas/442_ankara_havaalani_asti…

You can't miss the gama is merkezi, it is a big building with a metro stop sign besides it aswell.