We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nearest airport to karabuk

Sheffield, England...
7 posts
Save Topic
nearest airport to karabuk

hi could any one please help me? i need to find an airport which is nearest to karabuk. i no there is the one in esenboga but wanted to no if there is one nearer to karabuk. thanks

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nearest airport to karabuk

Ankara's Esenboğa is the nearest airport and from AŞTİ,the huge otogar, you can easily get a bus connection out to Karabük.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,118 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nearest airport to karabuk

Hi Christine,

The best is to use Esenboga Airport as you suggested. From Ankara you can take a bus to Karabuk. Use the main Otogar. Metro Turizm bus company has frequent services to Karabuk. "http://www.metroturizm.com.tr/en/index.htm".

good luck,

enigma...

Sheffield, England...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: nearest airport to karabuk

thanks very much for your help.

Sheffield, England...
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: nearest airport to karabuk

thanks very much apricated .hope i get there ok lol at least i have 11 days incase i get lost .

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nearest airport to karabuk

It should be straight forward enough for you to get there I think.You can take the Havaş shuttle bus from the airport direct to AŞTI(Ankara otogar).It meets every incoming flight and waits right outside the arrivals terminal doors.You just get on and pay the driver-it is 10TL.Here is the link-

www.havas.net/en/shuttle-parking/ankara/

Once in the otogar you will see rows of offices for all the different bus companies just walk along looking for ones with Karabük and Bartin on the boards.If you can't see one just go to any office desk and ask "Karabük?" and they will direct you to the correct desk-the staff there are very helpful.

Karabük Güven,Metro Turizm,Safran Turizm,Asya Tur,Ankara Güven all service this route and the journey takes roughly 3 hours,cost 20TL.

Sheffield, England...
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: nearest airport to karabuk

thank you very much for all your help it seems a bit more easier than i thought hopefully 'il get there ok ....thanks again .

Sheffield, England...
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: nearest airport to karabuk

i know everything about getting to karabuk ....but the flight im looking to go on doesnt get there until 11 pm nightime .does theese busses only run in the day please ?

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: nearest airport to karabuk

Oh dear I'm afraid you may have to stay in a hotel that night.It'll be gone midnight by the time you reach AŞTI and the last bus I can find goes at 20.30.

The buses in the morning leave from 06.30 onwards.

No chance of changing your inward flight is there?

Sheffield, England...
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: nearest airport to karabuk

thanks a lot .....i thought i might have to .no all other flights i would be waiting about ten or twelve hours for next flight and i realy dont want that .....thanks very much anyway you have helped a lot x

nkt
Ankara, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Ankara
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: nearest airport to karabuk

It might be a bit late, but....

If you can't find an earlier flight to Ankara, you might try going via Istanbul. Karabük is about 5 hrs from there. Adding 2 hours to the bus is better than waiting in the bus terminal for 6 hours.