We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train to Museum to hire car

Which Ankara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tasmania, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Train to Museum to hire car

We will be arriving in Ankara on the Ankara Expressi and picking up a hire car to drive to Goreme.

We would like to see the Anatolian Civilisations Museum and as the hire car company delivers the car, I am thinking of going from the train station to the Museum, having a look around and being met there by hire car.

I understand it is easy to get a taxi from the station but is there anywhere to leave our luggage while seeing the museum? Would we be better leaving our luggage at the station (is this possible?) and returning there to meet the hire car? Or could we be met on arrival by the hire car and park it at the Museum? How easy would it be to meet with the car at either location?

All suggestions would be welcome!

nkt
Ankara, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Ankara
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train to Museum to hire car

I don't know if there are luggage lockers in the train station (I rarely take the train). Meeting the car in either location should be easy, but I guess it is better to do it at the station (you'll know at what time you'll arrive the station and arrange accordingly, but you don't know exactly how long the museum will take - you might end up having to wait or rush the last bits in order to meet the car). Besides, that way you can put your stuff in the car and not worry about lockers that we don't know to exist. You can either drive to the museum (there are a couple of small parking lots within 200m from the museum), or leave it at the station's parking lot and take the taxi.

I know I haven't given a clear answer because there are many options, none of which is clearly better than the others.

2. Re: Train to Museum to hire car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:31 am, November 01, 2009