We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cells and MiFi's

Midwest City...
1 post
Save Topic
Cells and MiFi's

I have TMobile, USA, international plan, iPhone 5s. If I sign up for the TMobile international plan, should work like in Europe, correct? 2nd ?: need MiFi and wireless access. Have an unlocked Blackberry. Can I put a Globe SIM in and use the BB as MiFi? Other recommendations?

2 replies to this topic
Metro Manila...
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
20,027 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cells and MiFi's

Yes, your T Mobile would work as the signal that it would use would be that of Globe or Smart so technically you are using local carriers to connect to the Internet. Using a local sim card would also mean that you can use any other phone for calls, SMS and Internet.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
719 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cells and MiFi's

Just buy a prepaid SIM and unlimited data plan top up. I paid 40 pesos for the SIM and 300 pesos for the 7 day unlimited data, which works great for searching, emails, social media and messaging. We've used it in both Manila and Boracay with excellent results. I bought from Globe but there is also another brand called Smart. Total cost approximately $7 USD - which I'm sure is MUCH cheaper than what TMobile will charge you.

Reply to: Cells and MiFi's
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted