We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

i am thinking of retiring to the quezon city area.

3 posts
Save Topic
i am thinking of retiring to the quezon city area.

Where can I find information on buying a home. peaceful areas. What can I expect to pay for homes etc. taxes, ect. i have tons of questions. I am alone but want a nice home. Help .......

Is there a better place in the Philippines for a person to retire?

Mentioned in this post
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: i am thinking of retiring to the quezon city area.

I was told that the fairview area was nice and Commonwelth Ave. Is that a street or a place? please forgive me for not knowing anything.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
643 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: i am thinking of retiring to the quezon city area.

The Fairview and Commonwealth area may not be what you are looking for as a peaceful area to retire. Commonwealth Avenue is currently notorious as having the most traffic accidents in the whole Metro Manila plus it has the highest incidents of carjacking as they call it here (carnapping a private vehicle by men who ambushes you along the highway). Fairview, on the other hand, is a village in Quezon City and you can reach this village mainly through Commonwealth Ave. So you also have to frequent this area most of the time. There are many villages in the Tandang Sora area which are more peaceful. I suggest you look up this area personally if it comes up to your standard. I also suggest the high rise condominiums within Metro Manila. They have their own security and garbage disposal. Plus you can find one in good locations and surroundings.

Mentioned in this post
Metro Manila
Metro Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Quezon City
Quezon City
Luzon, Philippines
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: i am thinking of retiring to the quezon city area.

thank you for the information.....i am so accustom to living in a home the thought of a highrise is a bit odd. but heh I am changing my life and location. I will certainly look at all options.

Cainta, Rizal
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: i am thinking of retiring to the quezon city area.

for a 3br house on a 200square meters lot, expect to pay more than 3M pesos, depending on location and condition/finished of the house.

I suggest that you stay first in a hotel/apartelle, travel around Metro Manila and other provinces.

Check www.plra.gov.ph

Mentioned in this post
Metro Manila
Metro Manila
Luzon, Philippines