We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended Local Tour Guide / Car Rent with Driver service

Singapore
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Recommended Local Tour Guide / Car Rent with Driver service

HI

Plan to visit Metro Manila in Jun for 4 days 3 night , any recommend place to visit ?

Should i take the city tour or rent a car with driver ?

4 person with 2 around aged 60.

If city tour , any good recommendation ?

If rent a car with driver , any good recomendation ?

44 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
27,124 posts
2,244 reviews
1. Re: Recommended Local Tour Guide / Car Rent with Driver service

Recommended drivers here:

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Travel-g29424…

Tommo

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,729 posts
163 reviews
2. Re: Recommended Local Tour Guide / Car Rent with Driver service

Use UBER or GRAB, nice drivers and new cars.

4 posts
3. Re: Recommended Local Tour Guide / Car Rent with Driver service

Hello Mam/Sir,

For comfortability i think it would be better to hire a Driver Guide so you can even make your own itinerary..

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
719 posts
94 reviews
4. Re: Recommended Local Tour Guide / Car Rent with Driver service

We recently hired a driver for a Manila city tour. He was super helpful with lots of tidbits of information including history of Manila and fun facts. We booked for 10 hours - ended up only using about 6 hours even though he was perfectly open to us suggesting anywhere else we would like to go. As we were tired we decided to just head back to the hotel and pay him for the full agreed upon 10 hours anyways.

I had also been recommended to take taxis or Uber/Grab with my proposed itinerary as it would be cheaper but then you are sort of on your own from one destination to another with various drivers and no "customer service" in the form of a tour guide and someone who will be waiting around for you.

With two 60 year olds in tow I would think hiring someone is a good idea. It's slightly more expensive - not sure where you're from but it was still extremely affordable by American standards. Feel free to PM me for further info.

Metro Manila...
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
20,197 posts
254 reviews
5. Re: Recommended Local Tour Guide / Car Rent with Driver service

Hi Annie! Did you use one of the recommended drivers here in TA? If not, please tell us the details so we could add his contact information here.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
719 posts
94 reviews
6. Re: Recommended Local Tour Guide / Car Rent with Driver service

Kegler - yes I did! Absolutely recommended.

Metro Manila...
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
20,197 posts
254 reviews
7. Re: Recommended Local Tour Guide / Car Rent with Driver service

Please don't be shy to tell us the identity of your recommended driver. You might be able to help shgoh2000 with his/her decision.

Level Contributor
3 posts
42 reviews
8. Re: Recommended Local Tour Guide / Car Rent with Driver service

We just did a 6 day tour in luzon tailored to our wishes with private driver/guide Victor Valderrama. He is in the recommended guides list under the name of Vic. Victor is just perfect. 20 years experience. He speaks English fluently, is very friendly and helpful, knows his way around everywhere (Manila, Angeles, Baguio, sagada, banaue,...). If you want, he can recommend places to stay and eat and attractions to visit. On top of that, he also has a very comfortable and clean van (max 10persons, but more likely 7 if you have some luggage) with reclining seats, airco and even WiFi! His driving style is very comfortable and safe but still efficient. Best choice we could have made to start our 3 week holiday in the Phillipines.

Level Contributor
3 posts
42 reviews
9. Re: Recommended Local Tour Guide / Car Rent with Driver service

vicvalderrama@gmail.com you can also contact him via WhatsApp/Viber +63 928 600 8631 he is always very responsive.

Singapore
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
10. Re: Recommended Local Tour Guide / Car Rent with Driver service

Thanks Axel

Reply to: Recommended Local Tour Guide / Car Rent with Driver service
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted