We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manila to Clark Airport

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Manila to Clark Airport

How does one get to Clark Airport from Manila short of taking a taxi and how much time? Am flying with Air Asia at 11.45am.

VJ

Pampanga
1 post
Save Reply
211. Re: Manila to Clark Airport

of course take the Pasay route

Jakarta
11 posts
Save Reply
212. Re: Manila to Clark Airport

Hi... i will fly to Manila using Air Asia on May 7, 2013... I will arrive at clark international airport at around 00.00 (midnight). Is there any public transportation left? Or should I stay in airport? is the airport convenient to stay overnight at clark airport? please let me know... thanks so much...

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,698 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
213. Re: Manila to Clark Airport

Take a taxi to your hotel. Not advisable to stay in the airport.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
214. Re: Manila to Clark Airport

@maya -where are you planning to go ?.

Jakarta
11 posts
Save Reply
215. Re: Manila to Clark Airport

Hi Clare,

I plan to go to Makati, Manila... I heard it took 2 hours from Clark to Manila by car or bus...

Jakarta
11 posts
Save Reply
216. Re: Manila to Clark Airport

To Mousehunt,

So the airport is not comfortable to stay overnight? I heard the taxi there is not really 'friendly'...im really blank about the situation in clark airport :)

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,698 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
217. Re: Manila to Clark Airport

Of all the places I have been in Philippines, Clark is a place I loath most in terms of transport.

It is basically daylight robbery.

If you are confident, take a taxi to Dau terminal then take a bus to Manila. At the drop off point, take a taxi to Makati. For a first timer, I would not recommend this.

If this is your first time to Philippines, you may want to take a taxi to Dau terminal. Go to Jollibee and see is there any taxi drivers waiting. If you are lucky, they can bring you to Makati for as low as P800.

The safest way is to take a taxi to Makati from Clark. Cost will be between P2000 and P2500 or even P3000; depending on your negotiating skills.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,698 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
218. Re: Manila to Clark Airport

Oh, for staying overnight in Clark airport? Don't even think about it.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,559 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
219. Re: Manila to Clark Airport

@ Maya,

1) I would not recommend taking the taxi to Dau and then taking a bus at midnight. Dau bus terminus does not have any buses to Manila from 11 pm to 4 am, and you will just have to sit in the jollibee / chowking next to it waiting without sleep

2) There are no budget hotels in the immediate vicinity of Clark airport. The closest ones are along Fields avenue and it costs 350 pesos by taxi to reach them.

3) The best thing for you to do wold be to take a taxi direct from Clark airport to Manila. The taxi drivers at the airport have a monopoly, hence do expect costs to be higher than they should. Whatever be the cost stated, ask for a discount of 500 pesos (you may not get it, but it jst reminds the drivers that you are careful about money). They usually charge 2500 to 3000 pesos and it takes 2 hours at that time (no traffic).

As soon as you exit from the airport, there is a small taxi stall (often manned by a girl) - they have the fixed taxi prices posted clearly. Take the taxi from here.

These fixed prices are followed.

See photos / maps etc. of Clark airport and the taxi stand here -

…blogspot.com/2012/10/more-information-on-cl…

You always pay when you reach the destination, except that sometimes the taxi driver may ask for an advance of 1000 pesos to fill petrol. That is ok. Just remind him aloud that you have paid him 1000 pesos and so the balance is xxx. If you have only usd, it is ok - just tell them. The exchange rate is around 40.5 to 40.9 pesos to a USD.

Remind the girl / boy at the taxi stall that you want a safe driver. Remind this thrice. Don't worry, the drivers are mostly safe, this is just for you to reassure yourself :)

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,698 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
220. Re: Manila to Clark Airport

There is another option is to take a taxi to Sogo hotel. It is a short time hotel if you know what it means. Sogo Hotel is quite near to Dau Terminal. They charge by the block of 3 hours and their economy rooms is really really small.

Grab some sleep till daylight and make your way to Manila.