We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

air asia confirmation?

morpeth...
Level Contributor
129 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
air asia confirmation?

hello friends

my wife and i are travelling to kota kinabalu with air asia from clark airport.we have booked the package and have all the reference numbers.i have recently heard that we have to reconfirm our flights before we can travel.is this true?and can anyone tell us how we do this or who we have to contact?

yours worryingly

david and perla

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
10,400 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: air asia confirmation?

Hello Zipstobhill

I can't answer your question directly but here is their website:

http://www.airasia.com/site/en/home.jsp

It may have some clues.

I have mentioned the Kota Kinabalu/Clark return flight to several foreigners as a possible, cheap, annual out of country trip for people on tourists visas. So, I would appreciate hearing about any problems.

Regards: Jim Sibbick

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: air asia confirmation?

I don't think so. These flights are confirmed and non-refundable. I took Air Asia twice to KL and never had to confirm. As long as you have your e-ticket, you're all set and just need to show up at the airport with your e-ticket.

If there's a change in your flight schedule, Air Asia will send you a text message. Just call them at +60378849918 about your quesrion.

Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
788 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: air asia confirmation?

If your booking and flight time are close, normally there would be no check flight. But if the time span is , say 4 - 6 months, it is better that you check because Air Asia may retime the flights. Do not count on the Airline texting you or emailing because it may not happen. I know it because I have just checked my KK-KL flight scheduled at the end of this month, with the booking done in December last year. The flight was retimed and they have put me onto a later flight. I called the Call Centre and have it fixed.

What you do is get on to Air Asia website and click on the "Check and Change" button located on the left side. Not that you want to change your flight ( you can if you want to but there will be charges), but you use the feature to check your original booking.

4. Re: air asia confirmation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 am, August 20, 2009