We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi fare

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Topic
taxi fare

Good pm po..

i just want to ask po...how much po kya Taxi Fare from NAIA terminla1 to Oasis park hotel ermita..

pls help me po kc sobrang mahal ng airport shuttle ng hotel:(

thank u so much po and God Bless..

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,120 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi fare

about 250 for yellow taxi.

Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
3,109 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi fare

But make sure the initial fare on the meter is 70 and it is turned on and starts clicking up after a km or so

3. Re: taxi fare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, May 30, 2014
4. Re: taxi fare

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:41 pm, May 30, 2014
5. Re: taxi fare

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 pm, May 30, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,120 posts
1,505 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi fare

Having to pay a fee at the airport and having to pay porters as a complaint. Come on get real!

Being asked to pay 750P in a taxi from one terminal to another. Sounds far fetched but guess it could happen. If it DID HAPPEN you just get out and use another taxi. You always get one bad apple!

The state of the airport is well know and we all agree.

Even your review of the No 1 hotel in Makati the Fairmont Makati is negative. Its one of the better hotels Ive ever stayed at.

Tommo

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
204 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi fare

They tried to charge me 950 for taxi, not 750 to get to terminal 3. Plus the porter guy wasn't too happy until I paid him 550 php just to push my 4wheeled bag. All I'm saying is that it's a bad start to a vacation as soon as you land in PI. As far as fairmont goes, it was average from my experience in other hotels. To each it's own, I guess. I'm not attacking PI or it's people, so calm down. You don't have to flag my comment just bc our opinions or experiences were different.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
204 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: taxi fare

My review for the fairmont was not negative. I gave them 3 stars and pointed out the pros and cons. I'm telling the facts on my visit.

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
3,952 posts
540 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: taxi fare

…inquirer.net/105369/house-urged-to-probe-ab…

tribune.net.ph/metro-section/house-panel-to-…

Its becoming common that some congressment has filed a resolution for congress to investigate.

Edited: 10:27 pm, May 30, 2014
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,698 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: taxi fare

If it is the taxi driver try to charge you P950 from Makati to the airport, then the taxi driver is obviously trying to rip you off.

Also for the porter, the rate will depends on ho wmany bags you have. Note that the porter service is not free and the charges are based on number of bags.

It is unfortunate that you met with some bad taxi drivers in Philippines. Sometimes it is just bad luck and they are trying to earn more money for those economically poor drivers.

I am not saying what they did is right. Tipping is optional in PH but P950 is excessive.

As for our review on Fairmont which I have not stayed before.

" front desk girls wearing high slit skirts" - Trust me. This is common in hotels and restaurants. Go to a Chinese country like Taiwan and China, it is so common like seeing traffic lights everyday.

"The elevator is stubborn since it's only accessible with the room key card" - This is for security purpose. I wonder why you do not like about it.

" fruit was only brought on my arrival," - This is common in this region. Fruits is provided only on arrival. No further replenishment is expected.

I guess you are still not used to Asian culture. Bangkok, Singapore, Taiwan, Malaysia etc. have their own ways of doing things.

What is norm to you may not be in Asia.

I do hope you will visit the region especially Philippines again.

Edited: 10:34 pm, May 30, 2014