We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advice please.

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kl,m'sia
Level Contributor
137 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Need advice please.

Hi we are a family of 2A and 2C (aged 7&10) and will be travelling to Manilla for the first time in early Feb next year. We will be there for 4 days and 3 nights. Would love to get some advice on what I should do in Manilla and whether I should take a trip to one of the nearby seaside places for one day. My kids love the water. I haven't pin pointed where to stay but it would probably be Makati unless there are some better places to stay at. We are not fussy with hotels as long as it's clean and comfortable and not too expensive. Thanks again.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,852 posts
1,984 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Need advice please.

The other lomg day trip you could do would be to Hundred Islands: a four hour drive each way plus getting through Metro Manila suburbs to the tollway start at Balintawak.

Basic facilities when hiring a boat but beautiful islands, some with white sand, and excellent snorkelling.

TA member touristdriver is experienced in driving passengers around. Send him a TA private mesaage.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,808 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Need advice please.

@ Kdks

See here -

tripadvisor.com/…54753434

For such a short stay, I would not recommend going out of Manila to see Tagaytay / Subic / Pagsanjan falls. Just see the sights of the city.

13. Re: Need advice please.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:30 am, December 27, 2013
Edited: 9:30 am, December 27, 2013
kl,m'sia
Level Contributor
137 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Need advice please.

Thanks for the advice. I have booked the Alcoves Phillipines. Also have decided to make a day trip to Tagaytay with one of the drivers recommended. The rest we will have to do next time when we make another trip to Manilla. Thanks for the replies and suggestions. Any must eat restaurants in Manilla that can be recommended? Thanks.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,852 posts
1,984 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Need advice please.

Harbor View is on Manila Bay: while its seafood receives variable ratings, to arrive at 1730 and watch the Manila Bay sunset is a great experience. I did not find mozzies a problem.

If you like buffets, Vikings Luxury Buffet near Mall of Asia is excellent. You need to prebook by email or perhaps by telephone.

Spiral at Sofitel Manila is far more expensive but had a multi-million dollar refit following storm damage. Corniche at Manila Diamond and the smaller Market Cafe buffet at Hyatt Manila (Bay) are also good, while the relatively new Fairmont Hotel in Makati has Spectrum.

People's Palace is a well known Thai restaurant at Greenbelt where you have much choice as there are many competing restaurants of various cuisines.

The open air dampa (pick your own seafood and have it cooked) near Mall of Asia is another possibility.

All are reviewed on TA.

Edited: 5:55 am, December 29, 2013
Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,808 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Need advice please.

Hi,

If it is shopping and malls that you are interested in, plus clean streets, stay in Makati. Do remember that you will need to take a taxi to get to all the tourist spots (but then, would that not be the case where ever you stay)? It is easy to get taxis here.

The good places to visit, are teh Aquarium, Intramuros, etcc - you will need to take a taxi for these, but taxis are not so expensive (taxis cheat lesser in makati as compared to say the more touristy and shady spots like Ermita). A trip from Makati to Intramuros wil lcost you around 250 pesos in an air con taxi - but always watch out for the terrible traffic on edsa (a wide traffic jammed road)

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,935 posts
1,629 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Need advice please.

If you go to Intramuros don't forget to try Ristorante Delle Mitre. It's Really good.

tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g298573…

Actually I may pop back tomorrow and dine there again as I will be staying at the Manila Hotel which is quite near.

Tommo

Edited: 10:48 pm, January 01, 2014
kl,m'sia
Level Contributor
137 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Need advice please.

Hi all. Another quick question. As we arrive on the 30th afternoon. Would it be advisable for us to take an overnight trip to Batangas on the 31st, come back on the 1st and then have that day to shop,eat and look around Manila. I've been reading up on Tagaytay which was my intended destination first but there doesn't seem much to do there and it seems to be very crowded on weekends. I am at a loss. Any advice? Thanks.

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
5,988 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Need advice please.

Where in Batangas are you planning to go?

kl,m'sia
Level Contributor
137 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Need advice please.

Hi Justin. I've been checking out the resorts at Puerto Guelro, Laiya and San Juan. Can't decide yet. But I think Laiya is probably be the closest. Any other better options?