We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much time needed at Manila Airport to connecting flight

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
55 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
How much time needed at Manila Airport to connecting flight

Is 2 hours enough to arrive in Manila, get through Customs and hop on another plane to Caticlan? This flight is offered by Philippine Airlines so one would assume the have allowed enough time from a traveller coming from another country? First time to Philippines so would appreciate any input. Thanks

Bangkok (BKK), Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Thailand

Thu, Jan 16, 23:30

Manila (MNL), Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Philippines

Fri, Jan 17, 04:00

Manila (MNL), Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Philippines

Fri, Jan 17, 06:00

Caticlan (MPH), Godofredo P. Ramos Airport, Philippines

Fri, Jan 17, 07:00

Operated by PAL

Vancouver, Wn.
Level Contributor
427 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: How much time needed at Manila Airport to connecting flight

I almost missed my international flight with 2 hours between dometic flight at terminal 3 and international flight from terminal 1. Arrival time at terminal 3 was 10 am but due to heavy travel it took almost 1 hour to reach terminal 1. This was by non meter taxi, if I had got in the long line for meter taxis there would of been no chance.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
55 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: How much time needed at Manila Airport to connecting flight

One more thing….where do i exchange money at 5 am? I won't have any peso's, only bringing U.S dollars. Or is there a bank machine near by? I highly doubt there is anyone working the exchange booth at 5 am? Maybe?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,541 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: How much time needed at Manila Airport to connecting flight

I would suggest that you have some pesos in your pocket in case you can NOT exchange till you get to your hotel or Boracay.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,668 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: How much time needed at Manila Airport to connecting flight

Yes there are several ATMs at the airport.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
43 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: How much time needed at Manila Airport to connecting flight

I have a similar question. I am arriving (Mid April) on EVA BR271 at 11:40 AM (Terminal 1, I assume) and I want to leave on PAL Express PR907 at 15:20 PM (Terminal 2?). Is that, 3 Hrs, enough time to clear customs, change terminals and check in for my flight to Bacolod?

Related question: In NAIA Tml 2 is there an "express lane" through customs for business class (Royal Laurel) passengers?

Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
4,132 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: How much time needed at Manila Airport to connecting flight

I guess you will be at terminal 2 by 1 pm but if your plane is 2 hours late tough ! It all depends on whether you have the financial resources to pay for a ticket the next day and if there will be a seat available for example the flights in holy week re more likely to be bo0ked up than at quiet times. OR if you are happy to dash down to the ferry for a 9 pm sailing some days http://travel.2go.com.ph/

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,668 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: How much time needed at Manila Airport to connecting flight

There are no express counters even for 1st class passengers at all terminals. Only diplomatic/official passport holders and APEC pass holders may use a special lane to expedite immigration formalities.

You will definitely catch your domestic flight as long as your flight will not be late by more than 1 hour. Immediately approach the transfer desk so you could avail of the free shuttle that is immune to traffic jams because it will use the airport's interior roads.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
55 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: How much time needed at Manila Airport to connecting flight

Thank you but been there and came home already! This was for January! lol

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,668 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: How much time needed at Manila Airport to connecting flight

LOL! Actually we are answering the inquiries of the lady/gentleman from Ottawa who will be travelling on business class and has a connecting flight to Bacolod City.

Edited: 1:01 pm, March 14, 2014
Ottawa
Level Contributor
43 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: How much time needed at Manila Airport to connecting flight

Thanks very much to all. I'll report, in various TA fora, on my upcoming trip to Philippines.