We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Filipino cuisine !

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
8 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Filipino cuisine !

Hi, I'm going to spend a 3-day vacation in Manila (to be specific it's in Makati) so do you have any recommendation about what to eat or some Filipino traditional dishes? I took a look on wiki travel but there are plenty of food which kind of confusing me.

So do you have any recommendation? Something like must-eaten food?

And I am looking for a restaurant with affordable price at Manila Bay, it's best if it isnt far from Intramurous! Do you have any ideas??

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,120 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Filipino cuisine !

in Greenbelt 5 just down from Chilis, 2nd floor, there is an excellent resto for local foods, sadly. we had been drinking and I forget the name of it, but u can NOT miss it.

Makati, Philippines
Level Contributor
70 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Filipino cuisine !

GREENBELT 3 or SM Mall of Asia in the PASAY region (about 5 miles away from Makati) would be a great start.

Makati, Philippines
Level Contributor
70 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Filipino cuisine !

Must tries (all best eaten with rice):

1. Adobo - a Filipino icon. Either it be pork or chicken cooked with soy sauce and vinegar.

2. Sinigang - Can be fish, pork or shrimp. It's a sour soup usually cooked with tamarind.

3. Sisig - (with rice or with a bucket of beer) crispied and minced pork (or sometimes chicken and tuna); best served while it sizzles.

4. Kare-kare - pork cooked with veggies in peanut sauce (best served with sweet and salty fish paste or ALAMANG)

The list goes on... hahaha. But this are my favorites!

34. Re: Filipino cuisine !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:08 pm, August 19, 2013
Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,559 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Filipino cuisine !

1) Here is the menu of Damaso (actually the full name is Pia y Damaso... but.. .never mind.. it would be a spoiler if you have not yet read Noli me Tangere) -

…clickthecity.com/b/OK1b750/restaurante-pia-…

Some other places you may wish to try are (read the blogs below to decide if you should visit them) -

2) Namnam comfort Filipino restaurant - greenbelt 2 - they are new and serve food in small / medium and large sizes!

Animetric's Blog of Namnam - …blogspot.com/2013/07/namnam-restaurant-gree…

Food fiesta has yummier lookign photos of Namnam's food - …blogspot.com/2013/03/namnam-restaurant-at-g…

The pickiest eater's blogpost on Namnam has their menu posted - thepickiesteater.net/2013/08/filipino-comfor…

3) Smoking Hot Barbeque global Filipino cuisine - Greenbelt 3 - (Chef Josh Boutwood) - more here - thepickiesteater.net/2013/05/smoking-hot-bar…

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,076 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Filipino cuisine !

There is Fely J's in Greenbelt. A door away fr Damaso resto. I like it as well and the servings are huge. They have this tuna with mango ceviche. Yummy.

37. Re: Filipino cuisine !

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 pm, August 20, 2013
Edited: 8:35 pm, August 20, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,120 posts
1,505 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Filipino cuisine !

Self promo.

39. Re: Filipino cuisine !

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 pm, August 20, 2013
Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,076 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Filipino cuisine !

Huh????