We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

exchanging money

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
exchanging money

BE WARE THAT changing money in the Philippeans can be hard.. I forgot the pin on my credit card and needed cash to take a taxi to the airport. I went into a major bank and because my hand written signature on my Passport did not match up with my drivers liscense..they would not give me $200 US that I wanted..then asked for $50 and still no...very frustrating...

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: exchanging money

changing money is pretty easy -you just go to money changer and it will be done in a few mins if not many people there

Mandaluyong...
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,534 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: exchanging money

You were not changing money, you were withdrawing money from a bank and it was difficult for you because of your own carelessness.

You would find it difficult in every country in the world, even your own country and I suggest you were very fortunate to get any money from the bank under the circumstances you describe.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: exchanging money

Remember always bring some cash with you even if it is your own country currency for exchange at the money changer.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,034 posts
1,837 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: exchanging money

Its always best to have several alternatives for obtaining cash. I do...credit card, debit cash, and cash reserves.

I agree with FSRP01 100% that changing money in the Philippines is not hard. Ive withdrawn from banks ATMs no issues.

Is it the fault of the bank if you dont remember your pin number?

If your signatures dont match is that their fault? The bank has a duty of care. Surely you want them to protect your account from unauthorised transactions?

Lets get real!

Tommo

fairfield...
Level Contributor
893 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: exchanging money

....if u forget your PIN, then maybe you have bigger problem to worry about....Alsheimer's disease might be creeping in. I suggest you devise a system/method to remember your PIN, passwords, etc.

....the bank's not at fault, you are!

Papalo

6. Re: exchanging money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 am, August 19, 2013
7. Re: exchanging money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 29, 2014