We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manila Airport Hotels - which are closest ?

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kildare, Ireland
Level Contributor
114 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Manila Airport Hotels - which are closest ?

We'll be arriving from Dubai into Manila at 4.35pm and need to catch a flight to Cagayan de Oro and having reviewed flights we may wait until the next morning to catch our flight. Which is the nearest best value (cheap and cheerful) hotel for 1 night ? Or anyone have any alternative suggestions ? Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,683 posts
1,968 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manila Airport Hotels - which are closest ?

An overnight stopover is a great idea, because the first flight may run late; getting through immigration also takes time.

By 'cheap and cheerful' I assume that you mean 'under P3000 a night.'

Given that I assume that you will be departing Manila fairly early the next day, you may wish to stay in Ermita (Manila Bay area) or makati (business district). Traffic from the airport at say 1800 hours (unless Sunday) will be busy (especially on weekdays) but you should be in either suburb in about 40 minutes. If going to Makati ask the driver to travel on the 20 Skyway.

www.asiatravel.com has an outstanding range of hotels in both. Look it up, use the reviews on TA as a guide and come back to us if unsure.

Edited: 8:19 pm, May 31, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,171 posts
1,516 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manila Airport Hotels - which are closest ?

If you feel you need to be near the airport ------------->

listed to the right is this useful FAQ.

**What budget hotel options are close to Manila (NAIA) Airport?***

Tommo

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,515 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manila Airport Hotels - which are closest ?

What airline will you ride to CDO? Remington Hotel is located in a "cheerful" complex and even has a round-the-clock free shuttle to Terminal 3.

Kildare, Ireland
Level Contributor
114 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manila Airport Hotels - which are closest ?

Thanks for the replies ! We're flying with emirates ! I'd like a hotel right at the airport as we we'll have over 24 hours of travelling done at that stage ! So a hotel on airport grounds or short shuttle journey away would be ideal !

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,515 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manila Airport Hotels - which are closest ?

Emirates? I asked the airline that will fly you to Cagayan de Oro (CDO). If you are taking Cebu Pacific or PAL Express you will fly from Terminal 3 and the nearest hotel from there are Remington Hotel, Maxims and Marriott. The cheapest would be Remington as I highlighted in post #3.

Kildare, Ireland
Level Contributor
114 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manila Airport Hotels - which are closest ?

Oh my apologies! We haven't booked CDO flight yet as we hadnt decided whether or not stay over in Manila yet. Cebu Pacific appear to have good deals at the moment ! I'll check out the Remington !

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
540 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manila Airport Hotels - which are closest ?

Both Cebu Pacific and Pal Express uses terminal 3 which is right across the Remington, or the Resorts World Complex. You may want to compare prices and flight schedules of both.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,515 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Manila Airport Hotels - which are closest ?

A new airport serving Cagayan de Oro will start receiving flights on June 15 and from the looks of it you have no choice but to stay the night in Manila as there will be no flights to CDO by the time you arrive as the new airport is not yet allowed to handle night flights.

Kildare, Ireland
Level Contributor
114 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Manila Airport Hotels - which are closest ?

Yes so I saw on the website and I also note that the later flights appear to stop in Cebu also ! I think an early flight on the following morning is the best plan at this stage ! Thanks for your help!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Manila Airport Hotels - which are closest ?

We have just returned and stayed at the Remington, it's a no frills hotel but is ideal for a flight the next morning as it overlooks terminal 3 where the domestic flights leave from, the shuttle bus leaves on the hour from the airport.