We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manila airport

Perth Western...
Level Contributor
16 posts
155 reviews
Save Topic
Manila airport

how long should we allow when departing Manila airport. I have heard it there are long lines. Also is there smoking areas in Manila airport international and domestic

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manila airport

Allow one hour.

This will also depends how many flights have landed at that time using the same terminal.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,896 posts
1,993 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manila airport

While an hour might be just acceptable for Terminal 4 (old Domestic) with its relatively small number of passengers and no international flights, you need longer for T1, T2 and T3.

This is because immigration at T1 and sometimes T2 can haqve a longish queue, while there is a long walk from T3 and to some extent T1 to your plane.

On top of that, checkin at T1, T2 and T3 can take quite some time while even getting into the T1 cxheckin area can be fairly slow.

For these other three terminals I would arrive at least two hours before your flight if you are not a frequent user of the terminal. In any case, airline checkin desks will typically close 45 minutes to an hour before the departure time of the flight.

Edited: 12:35 am, February 09, 2013
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,348 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manila airport

international airlines in some case say 3 hours, allow 2 hours for sure. One hour will give you a chance of losing your seat on an international flight and on a domestic flight as well. You will be rushing. For me I prefer to be early and sit in one of the lounges if at T1 or if a domestic flight, try to negotiate an earlier plane if available.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,161 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manila airport

Evey time I arrive 2hrs before my international flight I haven't encounter any problems that many people experienced if they just allow 1hr before departure.

Perth Western...
Level Contributor
16 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manila airport

bit thanks everyone

Vancouver, Wn.
Level Contributor
427 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manila airport

I would not want to take the chance of showing up for an international flight one hour prior. Domestic flights in the Philippines close their check-in gates 45 minutes before departure. Not wise to cut so close.

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Manila airport

Hi, I am hoping that you can help me out with this problem I have, I've tried calling the airport and doing Google searches.

I am traveling to Philippines in September and am trying to get to Siargao Island the same day that I land in Manila. I am flying Philippines air and arrive at 5:55 am and have already booked a flight on Cebu Pacific leaving Manila at 7:20 am, as this was the only flight that allows me to make the next connecting flight in Cebu @ 10 am. My question is: if I am only carrying on luggage and haul butt out of the plan, can I make it to the next in 1hr? I hope that you can help me out with this one. Thanks!

Brian

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Manila airport

I have already answered your question in another thread.

The answer is no.

Your flight is 0720hrs so you have to check-in by 0635hrs.

Assume you land in T1, you are only left with 40mins.

Within 40mins, you have to disembark, clear immigration, take a taxi to T3, clear security in T3 and then check-in.

This is provided your flight to Manila is not even late!

Choose a later flight.

Edited: 1:45 pm, June 23, 2013
clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Manila airport

have already booked a flight on Cebu Pacific leaving Manila at 7:20 am, -why ask now?

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,161 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Manila airport

Expect for the best but plan for the worst. Since you have hand carry luggage only I highly suggest you avail of the WEB CHECK-IN of Cebu Pacific and print your boarding pass so all you have to do is show up at the pre-departure gate of your Cebu flight at 7:00am. No need to check-in at the airport if you availed of the web check-in facility and you only have carry on.