We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Philippines Tourism

Oskaloosa, IA
2 posts
Save Topic
Philippines Tourism

Greetings from the USA: my wife and I are considering a trip to the Philippines, and are soliciting input from visitors and/or residents of the Islands.

We are a mid-50s couple in good health, and enjoy general travel: shopping, dining, performing arts, architecture and meeting people.

Your assistance will be appreciated.

Kind Regards.

Cebu, Phils.
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Philippines Tourism

Try to visit Cebu, being a resident here. I can guarantee you there are so many nice places to see. For the beaches, try to go to Mactan. There are so many great hotels such as Shangri-la Mactan, Waterfront Airport Hotel and Hilton Cebu Resort and Spa. Regarding malls, there are two major malls: Ayala Center and SM City Cebu. There are also so many spa services here that would fit your budget. There are also theatrical productions from the Repertory of Young Professionals in Theater (RYPIT), Little Boy Productions and Out of the Box Theater Company at least once a year. In Manila, there are many theatrical productions to see also, so you can try it out there.

Regarding restaurants, there are so many, too! Depending on your preferences, whether vegetarian or meat dishes. For architecture, there are historic churches here such as that for Santo Niño, one of our patron saints in the Catholic religion. There is also the Fort San Pedro just a few steps after the church and some buildings.

I hope my reply to this post is not late. I just signed up for Trip Advisor on September 19, 2005.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,850 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Philippines Tourism

JalinaKhan, please do not worry about your post being late. Even though saflgek's trip is probably long over, other people are reading the posts. Your comments might be too late for the person who asked the question, but there are a lot of other people who will benefit!