We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manila - airport terminals - who flies where

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,559 posts
262 reviews
Save Topic
Manila - airport terminals - who flies where

Hi everyone,

Since the airport terminals in Manila are not as close as one would have desired, it is useful to know which terminal your flight takes off from.

Here is some info - taken from a PAL advert in the Philippines Daily Inquirer today -

A) a useful website for checking this is -

www.whatsmyterminal.com

B) You can use this map posted here - http://www.manila-airport.net/Map.cfm

C) The official Manila airport website has good info, but loads (very x 3) slowly - http://125.60.203.88/miaa/

C) for domestic arrivals and departures -

Naia 2 (PAL terminal - near Nayong Pilipino) - Philippines airlines / Air Phil express flights for Bacolod, Cebu, Davao, General Santos, Iloilo, Laoag, Tagbilaran

Naia terminal 3 (new terminal - across Resorts world) -

Max Air Phil express / PAL flights use this - bound for Butuan, Busuanga, Cagayan de oro, Calbayog, Catarman, Caticlan, Cotabato, Dipolog, Dumaguete, Legazpi, Masbate, Naga, Ozamiz, Puerto Princessa, Roxas, Surigao, Tacloban, Tuguegarao, Zamboanga

For Air Phil Express Kalibo, flights (239-240-249-250) use terminal 2. The rest use terminal 3.

Hope the above info is of help to tourists using Manila airport to travel domestic

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,684 posts
1,968 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manila - airport terminals - who flies where

It's worth reiterating that almost all international flights use Terminal 1 (Zest Airways, All Nippon Airways, AirPhilExpress and Cebu Pacific use Terminal 3; Philippine Airlines uses Terminal 2) while Zest and SEAir domestic flights use Terminal 4 ('old Domestic).

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,559 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manila - airport terminals - who flies where

thanks Victorian lad

Yes - u r right

Brazil, Indiana
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Manila - airport terminals - who flies where

Many people says that worst airport that they experienced is in NAIA ? is that true?

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,559 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manila - airport terminals - who flies where

No - disagree.

Naia is not the worst airport.

While the infrastructure is not great (we all know that Naia is no Changi), it is not the worst either. (There are many airports in some countries like Australia that are just glorified sheds)

Naia manages to compensate to some extent with far better customer service than many EU counterparts. Schiphol Amsterdam - terrible customer service. Plus you would be lucky to find any staff after 7 pm. What teh @#$% - is this an airport or a government office. And the staff (in most countries in that region) looks like they just came from the SS. Stern headmistress looks (is this some kinky S&M movie?). Frankfurt airport is 100% efficiency, but looks terribly grey and sad, plus very few plug points for laptops, so all us travellers were eyeing the people who managed to find one!

We all love to crib a bit more about airports... it is part of the game.

As for the deficiency of shops, Naia seems to have followed the lead of many US airports that have just 3-4 shops to cater to a waiting area of 8 gates. And with the fancy security regulations, you cannot even go from one part of the airport to the other (for example : in Baltimore)

Of course, Singapore Changi airport, Bangkok airport, and Hongkong airport remain my favourites.

Edited: 8:15 pm, November 14, 2012
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,698 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manila - airport terminals - who flies where

While I must say that NAIA T1 falls short of expectation for an International airport, furthermore it is the capital airport but it still does the job.

The building will give you a feeling of Vietnam War era. It is old and seems like it has not been renovated since it was built.

F&B outlet is so pathetic that you would be better off bringing your own food.

If you are not stranded in NAIA T1, then I would say it is really not a good airport to sleep. If you are just be there to take your flight, then it is ok.

If you think NAIA T1 is bad, you have not see T2 yet. I really wonder who designed it. Though it is newer but it is so small that I think it can be a domestic airport only.

T1 on the other hand is huge just that it looks antique.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
642 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manila - airport terminals - who flies where

ChristianRene, I thought you were from Brazil, but Brazil, Indiana in which case you'd probably think is NAIA is a step up from a number of Central and South American airports.

MH: T2 was designed as DOMESTIC terminal, until PAL hijacked it for their own. But it is the best designed terminal in the country (and Iloilo I heard).

T3 is probably the best functioning terminal at NAIA. It is not bad looking. That is why if I can help it, I would prefer to fly in on ANA (T3) from Tokyo, rather than any other airline.

Much of the criticism is about NAIA 1, does the job (quicker than most would want to admit) but it is rather old, so is the management I think. Some people expect airport to be malls or some entertainment complex, I just want to get in and out. The bigger the terminals are the harder to get in, transfer and even get out. Examples: Toronto's Pearson 1 (huge) lot of walking, Heathrow, Narita, same and my last awful experience, Miami.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,698 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manila - airport terminals - who flies where

JAB,

Thanks for the info on T2. Now I know why it is so small!

No wonder San Miguel wanted to build another airport. :)

Brazil, Indiana
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Manila - airport terminals - who flies where

Okay, We will see it. but i believe also NAIA is not the worst airport ever.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
7 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Manila - airport terminals - who flies where

I will be arriving Manila at T4 by Air Asia. Can anyone please help me regarding the terminal and also taxi service to Tune Hotel Ermita?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,684 posts
1,968 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Manila - airport terminals - who flies where

T4 is the simplest of the four. You leave the plane via stairs. It is all on ground level. Luggage will be brought from the plane and placed on the conveyor belt.

Outside, simply hail a white (or if you must, a more expensive yellow airport) taxi and ask to go to Malate Church, Malate (Manila Bay area) via Roxas (pronounced Row-has) Boulevard. Tune Hotel is nearby if I have my bearings correct. The fare should be under 300 pesos.