We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seair baggage fees at T4

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,313 posts
255 reviews
Save Topic
Seair baggage fees at T4

Just a warning to those who booked a ticket with Seair and didn't pay for a prepaid baggage allowance. If you decided to bring a luggage heavier than 7 kilos and it needs to be checked-in be prepared to pay 784 pesos at the check-in counter. You will pay additional 280 pesos for each kilo in excess of 15 kilos.

If I'm not mistaken their luggage fees are the most expensive among local airlines

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,104 posts
2,068 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seair baggage fees at T4

With all budget airlines ('low cost carriers') anywhere, it is essential to prepay luggage via the Internet (or call centre if you lack a credit card or Internet access).

Yes I agree: it would have to be the most expensive for domestic air travel in Philippines when it comes to excess baggage.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,492 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seair baggage fees at T4

they are even counting carry ons, are they not?? My carry on was weighed and charged by Cebu Pacific, then waived.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,331 posts
1,907 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seair baggage fees at T4

I always get hold of a scale at the hotel and weigh my luggage to ensure that its within limits. If its not it can be very expensive and all those bargains you bought dont end up being bargains anymore. These days you can buy those cheap travel scales.

Tommo

Puerto Princesa...
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seair baggage fees at T4

Cebu Pacific do not charge for 7kg carry on luggage :-

"LiteFares are inclusive of 7kg. hand-carry baggage allowance"

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,331 posts
1,907 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seair baggage fees at T4

Vetus I think what Keg said if your carry on exceeds 7kgs and needs to be checked in as a result you may need pay excess baggage fees.Anything under 7kg carry on is included.

Tommo

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seair baggage fees at T4

If you know that you are going to be overweight, some airlines like CP will allow you to upsize at least 4 hours before flight.

So pack you bags early and weigh them. If not enough, call the airlines quick.

7. Re: Seair baggage fees at T4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, December 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Manila