We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fee-free ATM withdrawal at Manila airport

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Fee-free ATM withdrawal at Manila airport

Hello,

I will be arriving at Manila airport without pesos and will be looking to make a cash withdrawal at an ATM. From what I have read some ATMs charge and some don't but would anyone be able to confirm whether there are any that don't charge at the airport?

Many thanks,

Matt

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Fee-free ATM withdrawal at Manila airport

Just to be aware, unless you have already notified your bank that you will be in the Philippines (or even if you have) you may find your card blocked when you first try to use anyway.

Cambridge, UK
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Fee-free ATM withdrawal at Manila airport

I agree with the others responses, firstly you should inform your bank your are travelling to the Philippines. All ATM's at the airport do charge and the rate is normally 200 PHP. If you are withdrawing money I would recommend withdrawing a large amount up to your card or travel insurance limit. You may find that when ATM's are low on cash the withdrawal limit is lowered and that most ATM's will not let you take out more than 10,000 PHP. In addition my experience of Terminal 3 was that all of the ATM's only accept Visa for cash withdrawals, which means if you are a MasterCard debit card holder you will have to go to the shopping mall across the road. This can be very frustrating when you need to pay the airport fee!

13. Re: Fee-free ATM withdrawal at Manila airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 14, 2014