We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On the Spot Check In

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
55 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
On the Spot Check In

As my travel date is nearing my adrenalin level is rising...and still ONE more favour to ask....

....How difficult would it be to get a room for a walk in traveller. Will they hike up the price? The shuttlebus from Clark will probably take 1hr 45mins to SM and if it departs at 5pm...we'll be in the middle of the weekend traffic condition...?!? ...So ..we'll probably be in the CITY late afternoon/early evening...and moods at the reception counter will be off-level..:-)

If they do hike the price, is there anything that we can do to prevent that from happening?

Having a Que Sera Sera attitude is not that normal for me...advise please..

Thanks

Guam, USA
Level Contributor
442 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: On the Spot Check In

You're getting into the beginning of high season, it may not be a great idea. Why not book in advance online?

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: On the Spot Check In

First off, I don't think your trip to Manila from Clark will be long since your going the other way, traffic will be from Manila to the North and not Clark to Manila.

It will be difficult to book a room during weekends begining Friday till Sunday. Rest of the days will be of. visit www.balibago.com or www.visitclark.com on an idea on where to stay.

Happy trip.

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: On the Spot Check In

I thought you wanted to stay in the Clark area for the night since you were worried about the rush hour traffic that's why I suggested you try the visitclark and balibago.com sites.

Anyway, it would really be better to book in advance since getting hotel rooms in Metro Manila has been quite difficult lately due to different conferences being held. I've always used asiarooms.com in booking hotels and had no problems with them. I also looked at their rates, compared them with the "local resident's rate" and I must say they're just the same.

The rush hour traffic will not be a problem since you're going the other way - everybody will be on their way home while you'll be going in.

Depending on the hotel you're staying in, filipinos are usually very hospitable to any visitor.

Manila
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: On the Spot Check In

It's always advisable to book in advance. If you're not a local resident and the hotel does not have any promotional offers for foreigners, book with a reputable travel agency so that you would be able to get a rate fairly lower than the hotel's published rate/rack rate. If you're going to walk-in, chances are you'll be given the hotel's published rate/rack rate. Try Southeast Travel (Tel. Nos. +63-2-5245676 to 83). I booked with them before and satisfied with their service. However, You need to pay your booking in advance.