We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NAIA Yellow Metered Taxis

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
Level Contributor
92 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
NAIA Yellow Metered Taxis

I will be arriving in Manila on Dec. 23 in the afternoon. SInce it is the holidays, I am expecting everyone to be out and about and traffic will be a nighmare as it often is in the holidays. I have decided to forgo the usual airport pickup but opted to just take a taxi. So what can one expect to pay from NAIA to Alabang near the Town Center.

Secondly, I found the following threads on the internet regarding the yellow metered airport cab:

passengertales.com/new/…

The main poster seems to have nothing but kudos for his expreience, but the subsequent posts (sorry it is in tagalog, but some are in english) all talk of having been ripped off. Granted the thread is 2008 and things may have change since. So what can one expect when using a taxi from the airport? Do you fall in line, pay a fixed sum, get your receipt and expect a trouble free ride?

Thanks all.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,135 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: NAIA Yellow Metered Taxis

That is coupon taxi Ed I believe.

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: NAIA Yellow Metered Taxis

lefto, i dont know the term but yes, there are 2 taxi system

metered, 70 flagdown - i used this once. i dont like arguing with the driver

non-metered, fixed/agreed rate, driver in uniform, expect/ask for tip. i used often

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,500 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: NAIA Yellow Metered Taxis

There is a different tarrif rate for towns/cities outside of Metro Manila. In the case of post #11 those yellow taxis would not be willing to use the meter to go to Cavite City.

General Santos...
Level Contributor
5 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: NAIA Yellow Metered Taxis

hello! how much is the fare of yellow metered taxi from T4 going to Go hotel cybergate mandaluyong? and also is 2pm in the afternoon is a rush hour or not in manila? because that`s the time i will be arriving and leaving T4 to go to hotel.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,673 posts
1,968 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: NAIA Yellow Metered Taxis

Probably about 280 - 350 pesos. 1400 hours will be busy on a weekday, fairly busy on a Saturday but not as bad on a Sunday.

General Santos...
Level Contributor
5 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: NAIA Yellow Metered Taxis

thanks a lot sir for the info!

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,135 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: NAIA Yellow Metered Taxis

yeah, that is pretty accurate with VIC, but do NOT let them try to talk you into the skyway or you will pay more in all likely hood.

Makati, Philippines
6 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: NAIA Yellow Metered Taxis

Hello guys! Can somebody help me? I will be fetching a friend from NAIA Terminal 3 at around 11pm and I know that it's a dangerous time to commute so I just wanna ask if which Taxi will be best to take if I want to go to Chino Roces Ave in Makati from Terminal 3? And could somebody please tell me how much would they cost? I'll be fetching my friend on May 1st. Thanks so much guys! :)

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
29. Re: NAIA Yellow Metered Taxis

well this thread is about yellow taxi -as long as they use the meter it might cost around 200 peso

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,500 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: NAIA Yellow Metered Taxis

Whether it is best or not you only have 2 choices, yellow taxis or the coupon taxis. The coupon taxi is a more expensive option so the yellow taxi would be your 1st choice.