We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manila airport to Makati

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
145 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Manila airport to Makati

I am planning to travel from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, to Boracay.

I am taking Cebu Pacific and the flight arrives in Manila at 6.15pm, which I believe is too late to take another flight on to Boracay, so I will stay one night and take a flight to Boracay the next morning.

I was hoping to go and experience a night out in Makati for that night but have no idea how close/far Makati is from the airport? If it's too far then it may not be worth it and I might just stay at an airport hotel.

What is the best way to get from the airport to Makati? Rail, bus or taxi? How long does each take?

Also, is it the same airport from which Cebu Pacific international flights arrive and domestic flights to Boracay depart?

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Manila airport to Makati

makati isnt so far -maybe 20-30 mins ,best would be taxi -maybe 200-300 peso, terminal 3 is for cebu pacific

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
281 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manila airport to Makati

Your best bet is a taxi. Assuming you are to ride a taxi at around 7pm, the travel time might be more since it will still be rush hour.

T3 is for Cebu Pacific/AirPhil Express (domestic and international)

T2 is for Philippine Airlines (domestic and international)

Domestic Terminal is for all other airlines from Manila to Boracay

Edited: 9:58 pm, September 10, 2011
pasay
Level Contributor
73 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manila airport to Makati

It's rush hour by then, and would take around 30mins. If you will be here on saturday, i suggest you go to republic in resorts world just infront of the airport. There is free shuttle from the airport to resorts world.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,515 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manila airport to Makati

Tullamarine Airport to downtown Melbourne has a distance of 14 kms. while Manila Airport to Makati is only half of that. I only recommend the airport taxi as it also costs less than half on what would you pay in Melbourne.

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manila airport to Makati

try the New World Hotel in Makati. decent nightlife is accross the streat.

Taxi is best way, affordable also.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
145 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manila airport to Makati

Thanks for the information! As the airport is so close to Makati I will definitely be staying there rather than in an airport hotel.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,515 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manila airport to Makati

You're welcome. Have fun in the Philippines!

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,145 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Manila airport to Makati

Taxi...enjoy...

Xi'an, China
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Manila airport to Makati

Hi,thank you for the information,me to i'm planning to go to Philippine these coming july,

i'm wondering how can i get to novaliches from manila airport.

is there any rent car or taxi available if i get to the airport around ten pm?

thanks and hoping for reply

Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Manila airport to Makati

There should be taxis available but depending on what terminal you arrive on it might be a long or short wait. There are usually 2 types of taxi services offered. The authorized meter taxis which sometimes have a long que and the flat rate taxi services that charge double or triple the meter rate. Best to use the authorized meter taxis since they tend to be more honest. From Terminal 2 to Makati, it cost me almost 200 pesos ($4-5 roughly). Novaliches seems to be about 3 times the distance so maybe will cost you 600 pesos. But it depends on meter and also if you utilize toll freeway.