We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking to take the family on a tour of manila city.....

Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Looking to take the family on a tour of manila city.....

Hi, I'm looking at taking the family on a tour of Manila city and would like some recommendations of some local tours and costs from people in the know. I want to show my 10 year old how people live in Manila and do some sight seeing. Thanks in advance for you input, :o)

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
219 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking to take the family on a tour of manila city.....

Hi Luke!

You don't need to hire a travel agency. Rather, hire a private van to carry your family around. Tour operators usually follow itinerary which is very limited.

It would be better to hire a van instead (Kia Pregio will do) to take you places around the metropolis. A day might not be enough. It will just cost you less than a $100 including gasoline and the driver. The price is good for 24 hours.

Here are the places you can go:

Daytime:

Stroll: Intramuros, Rizal Park, Cultural Center, Mall of Asia,

Shopping:

Glorietta Makati, Rockwell Center, Ortigas, Greenhills

Stroll: Marikina Riverbanks, QC Circle, Wildlife Parks, University of the Philippines, La Mesa Forest Park

Nightime:

Shopping & Stroll: Divisoria and Lawton, Baywalk. If you still want more, try to go Antipolo Ridge and see the entire metropolis at night.

Need help? I can help you arrange for a private van. Shoot me an email at marletbadeo@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Marlet

Mentioned in this post
Intramuros
Intramuros
3,022 Reviews
Luzon, Philippines
Rizal Park
Rizal Park
1,733 Reviews
Luzon, Philippines
Asia
Asia
World
Glorietta
Glorietta
208 Reviews
Luzon, Philippines
Makati
Makati
Luzon, Philippines
University of the Philippines
University of the...
293 Reviews
Luzon, Philippines
louisville
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking to take the family on a tour of manila city.....

I hope u could find a rent a car or van for only 2,500 or 3,500 pesos per day!!! The gasoline and the driver’s fee should be already included on it!!!

And Im gonna agree with Marletbadeo about u not going to a travel agency because it is gonna be more expensive.