We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel tax for visit visa going to dubai and terminal fee

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
PASIG City...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Travel tax for visit visa going to dubai and terminal fee

hi can somebody tell me the new tax travel and terminal fee imposed before leaving for dubai?

also what relative documents i need to bring if i have original visa, orig letter of invitation and letter of suppost? is this enough?

also roundtrip ticket E- ticket ok?

immigration officer will not ask me for other documents?

kindly help me on this tnk u

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel tax for visit visa going to dubai and terminal fee

Hi,

I traveled in 2005 so I am not very familiar with travel tax but it should be around 1500 or so (I think)

Yes, if you are coming from the Philippines, you need an original UAE visa. You don't usually need this if you are traveling from other countries because they are not as strict as the Philippine Gov't.

Round trip ticket with a dummy return is acceptable. Make sure you are able to refund the dummy return if the travel agency insists that you pay for it in advance. I only paid one-way when I went in 05.

Immigration Officers are tough especially if they know you are intending to seek employment in UAE. Do not let them think that you are going to look for a job. Tell them this is only a family visit and that you do not intend to go for any kind of employment whatsoever. I heard many Visit Visa holders were asked to pay a ridiculous amount of money as soon as the Immigration Officer found out that they were going to seek employment (whilst on visit visa) so be careful.

I do not suggest that you lie if you think that you can't give the immigration officer a straight face. Kasi if they sense that you are tense and agitated baka lalo kang pag tripan. In some cases I even heard they asked for money.

It's ridiculous I know but it's best that you know what to expect rather than find out the last minute.

Hope this helps.

2. Re: Travel tax for visit visa going to dubai and terminal fee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 02, 2009