We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

things to do while in manila

london
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
things to do while in manila

I will be in manila for three days in sept what would be things I should do and see rick

philipines
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: things to do while in manila

If you like a bit of history - you can go for a day tour of Corregidor Island. You can also visit Intramuros, Rizal Park & Luneta.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
207 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: things to do while in manila

Depends on your interest..............

For history: Try the old town ---Intramuros where you'd find Fort Santiago, Manila Cathedral, San Agustin Church and Museum . Also Rizal Park.

For shopping: Try Ayala Center in Makati. More upscale. Good dining choices. There is also the Ayala Museum. Financial center.

For nightlife: Try Ayala Center's Greenbelt area, or Malate in Manila, or Baywalk. These in the order of expensive to cheap.

For day trips out of Manila: Go to Tagaytay ( less than 2 hr ride) for a view of Taal Volcano and Lake.

With 3 days in Manila, i think you can do all of the above.

manila, philippines
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: things to do while in manila

hi oasis! some more additions to mamu's post.

1. Intramuros, an old Spanish walled city which hosts Wow!Philippines regional exhibits. Each month, a region is featured--great for cheap but good quality souvenirs, also for getting a feel of the featured region, with scheduled free cultural shows. Don't miss the calesa (horsedrawn carriage) ride, Fort Santiago, San Agustin Church, and the antiques shop Casa Manila.

2. Chinatown/Binondo. Not many foreign tourists go here, but this makes it all the more authentic. Buy hopia (mooncakes) and tikoy at Eng Bee Tin bakery. Eat at Lailai restaurant for good but cheap Chinese dishes.

3. Quiapo. Mecca of all pirated products. Site of Quiapo Church, where thousands of devotees flock. Amulets and cure-for-all herbs are sold beside it.

4. Luneta Park. Where our national hero, Jose Rizal, was executed. See his monument. Great for observing families and lovers. Eat balut, our famous duck egg embryo, 25 UScents from ambulant street vendors! if you can't eat the chick, just close your eyes and eat the yolk and drink its juice. it's delicious and certainly an experience.

5. Baywalk, Ermita & Malate for evening dining and bars.

All of these are quite near each other and can be navigated by taxis or if you're adventurous, even public jeepneys. Just remember, especially for 2-4 to dress simply and be careful of pickpockets. Don't flash jewelry, huge amounts of money or keep using your cell phone. Leave your passport and tickets at your hotel.

Enjoy your trip!

Murrieta CA
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: things to do while in manila

Hello everyone. How would you get to Santa Lucia Mall from the airport, Thanks Virg

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,900 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: things to do while in manila

I too will be visiting Manila. In addition to the sightseeing that has been mentioned, the following have been recommended to me:

Malacanang Palace

Coconut Palace

Imelda's Cultural Center

Pagsanjan Falls

A cockfight

Any comments on whether these are worthwhile for my first visit to Manila?

Cainta, Rizal
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: things to do while in manila

Pagsanjan Falls is 2-3hrs drive from Manila, if you are the adventurous type and a nature lover, this is the place where you should go. Feel the thrill of shooting the rapids and have a mega hydromassage at the bottom of the falls. Just make sure to leave Pagsanjan before 2pm to avoid the traffic on your way back to Manila.

Cainta, Rizal
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: things to do while in manila

Pagsanjan Falls is 2-3hrs drive from Manila, if you are the adventurous type and a nature lover, this is the place where you should go. Feel the thrill of shooting the rapids and have a mega hydromassage at the bottom of the falls. Just make sure to leave Pagsanjan before 2pm to avoid the traffic on your way back to Manila.

tam
Level Contributor
258 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: things to do while in manila

Hi Mike, try also corregidor island.. you can take a one day trip. Just go to at the back of PICC where the boat station is. I think it cost around 1,200++ pesos for the 1daytrip.. The place is nice and very historic. Enjoy

Dhahran
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: things to do while in manila

With just three days in Manila, I would avoid chinatown/binondo and specially Quaipo. Lots of pickpockets in that areas.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,900 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: things to do while in manila

Tam, thank you for the suggestion. Corregidor Island is on my list of places to visit.

I am planning on two weeks in the PI, probably 5 or 6 days in Manila (including two day trips from Manila), a few days for Banaue and Sagada, and the rest maybe on Boracay. Although we may have to visit family in the provinces. Not knowing who is going to be in Manila and who is going to be elsewhere makes planning the trip so much harder! We will probably just go and play it "by ear."