We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baguio: First Time Travelers

Manila
5 posts
1 review
Baguio: First Time Travelers

Hello travellers! My significant other and I are planning to visit Baguio City this Nov 28 to 29. I just have a few, simple questions that you maybe able to help us out with:

1.) Which bus line here in Manila (or QC area) would be the best to go to? Any idea on the going rates?

2.) Which hotels would you recommend for a 2-day trip (basically sight-seeing and Ukay)? It'd be greatly appreciated if you guys could recommend hotels for tight-budget travelers like us :-)

The rest, well, it's up to us if we get lost! Hehehehehe... thank you for your time :-)

Manila
13 posts
1. Re: Baguio: First Time Travelers

1) Victory Liner Cubao, they have regular trips to Baguio. The fare should be 500-700, depends whether the price has increased but it should be within that range.

2) Places to stay --- Less expensive picks are Bloomfield, La Brea (on Session Road) and Citylight (near Session Road). For a really tight budget, try Red Lion (Red Lion is a pub but they have rooms) and Diamond Inn on Jacinto St.

Hope this helps.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
94 posts
80 reviews
2. Re: Baguio: First Time Travelers

Hi Lilarc! To answer your questions:

1. Take Victory liner bus. They are safe and insured too. Fare would be abt 750-800/pax.

2. For your hotel, try hotel 45 near Sm Baguio. (Please see my review for this hotel. Its very affordable. Its very convenient. Its near the market, burnham park, camp john hay, mines view park, sma bagui, wright park, and the mansion. Try eating at the market in burnham park, its cheaper and its tastes good. Try buying pasalubong at the market also. In this way, it will save you more.

Manila
5 posts
1 review
3. Re: Baguio: First Time Travelers

thanks yellowredorange! :-) we'll be checking these places out... hehehe!

Manila
5 posts
1 review
4. Re: Baguio: First Time Travelers

Thank you much for this advise :-) how do I get to the page where you're review for Hotel 45 is (I'm kinda new at this)?

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
94 posts
80 reviews
5. Re: Baguio: First Time Travelers

Hi Lilarc, please check the link:

tripadvisor.com/members-reviews/Elektra_08

You may find some info regarding hotel 45

6. Re: Baguio: First Time Travelers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 12, 2009